432 Engine block, plea for info ?

RecyMech

Evening all.....I'm in the process now of gathering all the info needed for one of next years 1/24th scale kit releases. The FV432 Mk2/1. Although I'm doing quite well so far, I'm really struggling to find any reference pics of the K60 outside of its pack frame.

Would any kind soul have any pics of a K60 engine, stripped out of the frame that I might perloin ? Or anything from a manual perhaps ideally showing both sides of the block with all the gubbins out of the way.

Bit of a long shot I know but you blokes have never disappointed yet :kiss:

Best regs all.

Howard @ KFS

Andy,

Sorry to hijack matey's thread but . . . what prep work did you do before painting that pack?

I am about to haul out a Ferret pack and will need to paint it, just wondering what you did to make sure it sticks well.

R

Brush all the loose stuff off then degrease with Gunk Eco-Green. It's not 100% but a lot better than it was. In case you're wondering, I wasn't worrying about overspray onto the pack frame as it was actually sitting in a 432 frame at the time; it's a 432 to 433 pack conversion for my Abbot.

Andy

Brush all the loose stuff off then degrease with Gunk Eco-Green. It's not 100% but a lot better than it was. In case you're wondering, I wasn't worrying about overspray onto the pack frame as it was actually sitting in a 432 frame at the time; it's a 432 to 433 pack conversion for my Abbot.

Andy

Another thread Hijack :-) Can I ask where you got the engine paint? Is it sky blue BS101? I'm after a supplier for a tin.

Cheers

Matt

Another thread Hijack :-) Can I ask where you got the engine paint? Is it sky blue BS101? I'm after a supplier for a tin.

Cheers

Matt

Hi matt hope youre well and the ferret is coming on!

Marcus glenn does the engine blue..

Cheers

Timbo