UK specification for USA Battery

Johnh

Question

Well, as the weather begins to get colder, and after killing the battery on my 4x4 my thoughts turned to my trusty Reo, plucked up the courage to start looking for replacements, as the ones I've got are coming to 'end of useful life'.

anyway I have two 644 Commercial batteries at the moment, after searching through the manuals I see I should have 6TL batteries (US spec), I need to fix the old steel battery box as well....

anyway does anyone know the commercial alternative to the 6TL ?:blush:

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Well, as the weather begins to get colder, and after killing the battery on my 4x4 my thoughts turned to my trusty Reo, plucked up the courage to start looking for replacements, as the ones I've got are coming to 'end of useful life'.

anyway I have two 644 Commercial batteries at the moment, after searching through the manuals I see I should have 6TL batteries (US spec), I need to fix the old steel battery box as well....

anyway does anyone know the commercial alternative to the 6TL ?:blush:

Thanks

try this site as i think they are the same as our tank batteries

http://www.enersys-hawker.com/english/mono.asp?lang=e

try this site as i think they are the same as our tank batteries

http://www.enersys-hawker.com/english/mono.asp?lang=e

Andy all the batteries refered to on that site are traction batteries (for electric forklifts and milkfloats ect) I do agree though the same company make the NATO spec batteries fitted to most AFVs in use in the UK today.

Thanks Chaps,

I'm kicking myself that Marcus Glen had some 6NT batteries for sale at Newark week last sunday, but being naieve thought my civvy commercials would suffice, looking at the spec I should really have 664 not 644, I suppose I'd better get hold of Marltrax and see if Rod has any 'good' battery boxes, i have the steel type not the new Plastic ones ???

thanks again for your help

Odyssey make the latest spec batteries. I got a couple of new ones of E-bay for a good price but they can be expensive as all good batteries are. I'll look up the Odyssey number for the Military 6TN in the morning.

Iain

The Odyssey part no is PC2250. I have checked on E-Bay and :shocked: at £340 plus carriage not cheap but they are the best.

I am now more than pleased with the bargain I got!

Thanks Chaps,

I'm kicking myself that Marcus Glen had some 6NT batteries for sale at Newark week last sunday, but being naieve thought my civvy commercials would suffice, looking at the spec I should really have 664 not 644, I suppose I'd better get hold of Marltrax and see if Rod has any 'good' battery boxes, i have the steel type not the new Plastic ones ???

thanks again for your help

Beware that Marcus' batteries are the old-fashioned flooded lead acid 6NTs, not the AGM gel 6NTMFs, which are an entirely different beast - hence the price difference!

Andy

Beware that Marcus' batteries are the old-fashioned flooded lead acid 6NTs, not the AGM gel 6NTMFs, which are an entirely different beast - hence the price difference!

Andy

Thanks for the warning , much appreciated, I think I will stick with the 'commercial type' they do fit snuggly in the 'box' thanks again

John