Car boot (or similar) finds...

Eaglehurst

There have been a few uniform threads recently alluding to finds at car boot sales/surplus shops etc. so I thought it would be interesting to kick off a thread:

- What was your best/rarest find at a car boot sale/surplus shop or similar and what did you pay for the item?

My best buy at a car boot fair was finding an ignition/light switch for my WOA2 and paying £1 for it. I found one later at an Autojumble for £35.

Another find was buying a box of old rusty spanners for £1 and finding 3 Rolls-Royce Merlin spanners in it.

However, I must point out that you have to go to 10 or 20 car boots in my area before you find anything good. Most of the stalls are stocked with baby items or household junk. However, I did pick up a copy of 'Aircraft of the Fighting Powers 1942' a couple of weeks ago for £4.

Lasy year i bought a "Rupert" a WW2 hessian dummy which they threw out of aircraft on D-Day with a small parachute to confuse the enemy for £1.50! sadly less the parachute>:(

What made it even better was a known WW2 dealer had been round before me and missed it :cool2:

Colin