Mixing Business & Pleasure

Scarab

Ok this might just be a pipe dream but bear with me.

One of my business interests does some work in the corporate hospitality/event management fields. Not something that particularly takes up any of my time, nor something I delve too far into.

However, always looking for any excuse to get out of a boring meeting and doing something far more fun I had an idea the other day.

Are there any MV's out there which incorporate generators as a part of the vehicle (I.E Not towed, preferably not removable) and preferably could either double up as a reasonable load carrier, or have some seating to offer a bit of respite while some aspiring middle managers try and make friends by building rafts.

It'd only need to power some floodlights and a PA system as well as perhaps a fridge and some other light bits. I think we use a 6.5kVA at the moment but there's a lot of spare capacity there at the smaller events.

But If I could get the fuel and some maintenance bills on the books, as well as getting paid a couple of days a month to sit tinkering with a toy, instead of in some air conditioned prison. Then I might very well be inclined to base the next purchase (ok....after the Champ) on something that could be used for work as well as play.

Thanks in advance

Alex

P.S I've already checked with the insurance company and they'd be fine with it - result!

why not get a mj with a 3/4 radio body with the 2 gennys at the front you could strip out the radio body and use it as a rest room come tea room

then you cover both ideas gennys for lighting plus a mast to rig up lights on and accomodation for the managers when they need to rest

1 here http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,26,/14692/Bedford.htm

:-D

Edited by David Ives

FV439 - there were a few of these floating around last couple of years. If you get the right version I think they have 2 big gennies on top..

Some FV436s have generators too. However, what are you trying to generate - 28V DC or 230V AC? A common or garden FV432 will give you 200A at 28V DC.

Andy