Calling Armour owners in the UK

ArmourWorld

Hey all. If you have ready my introduction threat you know what this is about! Armour World is looking for owners of armoured vehicles in the UK who are willing to show off their machines and let us interview you on your collection and if possibble allow us to film your machine doing what it does best.

Video formats: Currently the format consists of a brief history talk on the particular vehicle befor filming inside and around the vehicle, highlighitng features that make the vehicle interesting. On top of this we would like to film the vehicle driving or have the engine running. We believe this format is informative and entertaining while also showing the owners vehicle in the best light possibble.

Future formats: A feature called "The Toy Shed" is planned for those of you with larger collections as more of a personal insight in to your interest and what you love about the hobby.

Also another format for doing MV show coverage may also be worked in there in the future, based on the viewership and interest in the channel.

As a ww2 reenactor and son of a vehichle owner, I understand some vehicle owners may feel shy or unwilling to allow a stranger inside thier pride and joys. This of course is something I fully respect and wish to say that nothing will be done without well agreed permission from the vehicle owner.

I am currently based in Preston But once I have some cashflow I will be willing to travel to events (although I am without personal transport) So again something might be able to be arranged prior to events.

Anyway if you have any questions please drop a reply here or PM me if you would like to offer your support.

Cheers Guys.

John Lyons.

"some vehicle owners may feel shy or unwilling to allow a stranger inside their pride and joys" - not me, all sorts of people drive and have driven my vehicles. One of the reasons i have them is so that people see them, feel them, smell them - hence in part the school visits we do. You are welcome to the shed (Leeds way) any time, in fact, you are welcome to both sheds but that will take some coordination.

Ken

If you are interested in Warsaw pact kit too - feel free to come have a poke around/climb over etc. my OT.

As it is based in Essex - your best bet would be if you plan on attending the W&P show this year??? If you do we can probably arrange a drive after show hours in the arena with the arena crews permission

As it is based in Essex - your best bet would be if you plan on attending the W&P show this year??? If you do we can probably arrange a drive after show hours in the arena with the arena crews permission

Bunker Bash :box::whistle:

To Adrain. Thats our baby right there. I belive she was on the same range as Adrians. Mostly small arms and mortar strikes.

And heck yes I will be at W&P! I hope to do the bulk of my filming there.

A bit on our sherman to put her in perspective to that pic above. All suspension units have been replaced, final drive was removed, checked and reassembled, all internals were pretty much useless except the heavier stuff such as turret ring and gun mechanisim. Although the gun itself was totally butchered by the people who deactivated it.

A new rear left engine bay door was made along with about 30% of the top engine bay armour as it had recieved a serious hit to the engine, we got nothing useful from the Multibank engine as it was all reduced to scrap. The gunners periscope mount has been cut out and replaced with one from another turret too. So it has been quite extensive!

The turret is now undergoing welding and blasting. I will add pics when ever I get home to have a look.

If you want to "do" the OT then - we're usually in the Americas field, about 200 yds down on the left from the bridge. I'm assuming we'll still be there this year.

Mind you - hard to miss an OT-90 there, its usually the only one on the entire site!! :D

I think it's in the reenactment field is it not? :D

Rumbling past they like - rumbling over the top of their displays they might draw the line at!!! :D

come to close to Forces80 display Neil, and you might get a couple of LAW66's and a Charlie G pointing at you comrade!!!!!

Mark

@John, I will be trying my best to get you all at Beltring this year. I will be there for the full week and by the looks of it I will have a lot of work to do :) Im certainly not complaining as it'll keep my eyes off the shiney stalls, full of wonders that i will buy and never use.