Andy's New Toy - FV433

andym

After a false start with the 433 that was advertised on Milweb for £6k, I found myself another one thanks to Sharkey who tipped me off. The pack was removed to fix a gearbox problem but never found its way back again, so I've got an interesting jigsaw job to reassemble the pack with the guts of a 432 one.

Once I've got the pack sorted I'll think about the gun, which is currently deactivated. I've heard of people holding these on a FAC and it would be nice to put blanks up the breech for shows.

The company I bought this from has another 433 for sale, in roughly the same sort of state but a runner. PM me for contact details if you're interested.

Andy

IMG_2051aw.jpg

IMG_2056aw.jpg

IMG_2059aw.jpg

Thanks guys, I've been up in Brum today packing her up for transport down to her new home in Devon next week. One vehicle, six pallets of bits including 432 and 433 packs in pieces and two 433 heat exchangers! :cool2:

Andy

Hi Andy,

My old baby looks sad, now that I am back home I will look through to see what i have in reference to our chat... best regards and good luck with the restoration

this picture is from around 1997

d6898900.jpg

this one is from around 1994/95

a699bc6e.jpg

Delivered to her new home in sunny Devon for some TLC on Friday. Being sunny Devon, it poured with rain. With no gearbox to twiddle round and facing downhill, a gentle prod was all that was needed to get her down on her own.

Andy

IMG_2196aw.jpg

NICE

Whereabouts in Devon is this beastie now? Slowly the Devon independance party is gathering it's forces ( and you'll have to pay to get in and out of Cornwall then too:) )

Paul

Right on the border, between Tavistock and Launceston.

Andy