Hello from a newbie from Notts

bigmal

Hi. i am ex REME 1974 TO 1985, i don`t own an ex MV, my interest is in modeling military vehicles, mainly British and i am hoping that this site can help me get details right for a more accurate model.

Is there any one else on here who shares my hobby?

Iam a big fan of the Land Rover and wheeled armoured vehicles, but love the big beasties like

the Chieftain.

So a big HELLO to all and look forward to chatting away on my favourate subject :tup::

Welcome aboard,

seems you have a fine pedigree and fine interests, scale model making is always good for the soul. I have tons of kits in 1/35 and 1/24 stached away for when I have time.

Im sure if your at a loose end and want to spin a spanner there are many here that would fit you up with a boiler suit!

R

Hi Mal,

We've got plenty of toys you'd recognise .. Fox, Ferret etc .. and not too far away either. Do you have any in service photos you could post?

Chris

Unfortunately i don`t have many, also i don`t have the means or know how to upload photos onto a forum. i am using my sisters computer. I am a bit of a technophobe:red:

Welcome aboard,

seems you have a fine pedigree and fine interests, scale model making is always good for the soul. I have tons of kits in 1/35 and 1/24 stached away for when I have time.

Im sure if your at a loose end and want to spin a spanner there are many here that would fit you up with a boiler suit!

R

That is something i would like, as long as i don`t have to travel to far.(i am unemployed)

Hi Mal,

We've got plenty of toys you'd recognise .. Fox, Ferret etc .. and not too far away either. Do you have any in service photos you could post?

Chris

Yes, worked on Ferrets in the past also FV432 types, Chieffy, CVR(T), and other assorted armour and softskins but not the Fox

Hi and welcome to the forum. Great to see a model of Airportable Landi.:-D

Andy.

Alas i don`t have one.....YET!...but i will. Got several Ser2`s inc ambulance, pinkie, GS, and some ser3`s being built inc ambulance,GS, recce etc, working on a 1/24 Piglet too :D

Big welcome, and well done for finding us,...here's my little baby!

Pic 1: as it is now...

Pic 2: before I restored it...

Pic 3: A tour of the Arena at Overlord 2009, Horndean, Hants...

Pic 4:... also available as alternative to limo/wedding car hire!....Brides choice on this occaision!

Saracen and me, in the yard, June 2010.jpg

07 May 03 Before Restoration #2.jpg

83 BA 78 in Arena Overlord 2009.jpg

en route to the reception, Brian and Sue's wedding.jpg

Edited by oily

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. i am ex REME 1974 TO 1985, i don`t own an ex MV, my interest is in modeling military vehicles, mainly British and i am hoping that this site can help me get details right for a more accurate model.

Is there any one else on here who shares my hobby?

Iam a big fan of the Land Rover and wheeled armoured vehicles, but love the big beasties like

the Chieftain.

So a big HELLO to all and look forward to chatting away on my favourate subject :tup::

Hi Bigmal

Welcome whereabouts in Notts are you I am in Derbyshire.

I own a website www.xrhgb.com if you would like to use some

of the in service pictures of AFV (W) for your personal use feel free if you post

any to other sites please give us the credit (www.xrhgb.com ) I have

done a bit of modelling (no not on the cat walk) I am now into the real thing

latest project is a Saladin which I am helping to restore you’re not a Gun fitter

by any chance are you being REME .

Peter

ex 10th Hussars

I have been accused recently of having closet interests myself.

One of those like yourself is model making, I have mentioned it in passing before.

Funnily enough I have some kits in storage that might have helped you 1/24 scale project. One of them is the old ESCI 109" kits, they were brilliant.

I have a photo of an RAF Police Range Rover in Germany out of the Ian Allan publication Armed Forces for which I have an early 2 door ESCI kit to act as the basis.

The old series of articles by Bob Morrison on Military Land Rovers and the variations one can make from the 1/35 and 1/24 kits around is useful material that I would be willing to copy and share if you are interested.

Tim Neate did some godd stuff years ago too.

I do have a pair of Land Rover models that I have recently come across from years ago that I should take some snaps off and explain.

Regards and Welcome

Robin

Hello Robin.

My piglet is based on the recent, well not so recent re-release by Italeri of the old ESCI 109 hardtop.

I keep trying to get hold of the ESCI 109 kits on flea bay but keep getting outbid due to the limited budget i have (i am unemployed), as i would love to get hold of the 109 softtop and the 109 Para Recce version, but i will keep trying.

I am going to try and get all my 1/35 LR`s onto bases as i think they look better displayed that way.

They are:

1. Ser2 109 GS.

2. Ser2 GS Bomb Disposal.

3. Ser2 RAF Ambulance.

4. Ser2 SAS Pink Panther

To be built i have:

1. Ser3 Ambulance.

2. Ser3 Ambulance N.I..

3. Ser3 Recce Gulf War.

4. Ser3 GS.

They are all based on the Tamiya Ambulance and Italeri/Revell kits. I can`t wait for the new kit of the Wolf/WMIK to become available.

As for the articles by Bob Morrison, i would love to read them as i think they would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

REGARDS

Malcolm :wave:

Hi Bigmal

Welcome whereabouts in Notts are you I am in Derbyshire.

I own a website www.xrhgb.com if you would like to use some

of the in service pictures of AFV (W) for your personal use feel free if you post

any to other sites please give us the credit (www.xrhgb.com ) I have

done a bit of modelling (no not on the cat walk) I am now into the real thing

latest project is a Saladin which I am helping to restore you’re not a Gun fitter

by any chance are you being REME .

Peter

ex 10th Hussars

Hello pete-xrh.

I am from Creswell on the Notts/Derbys/s.Yorks border.

Sorry to disappoint but i was an A Mech until i changed to Tech Storeman.

I would like to see the Saladin, a great vehicle.

I would love to see a good model in plastic of this range of vehicles :wave:

I will have a look at your website :thanx:

• 1 month later...
Hello pete-xrh.

I am from Creswell on the Notts/Derbys/s.Yorks border.

Sorry to disappoint but i was an A Mech until i changed to Tech Storeman.

I would like to see the Saladin, a great vehicle.

I would love to see a good model in plastic of this range of vehicles :wave:

I will have a look at your website :thanx:

If you know of any Saladin gun fitters that live near by or further a field let us know as we would like build a FMR and fit a bracket onto the 76 to fire a .22 rifle.

Pete