The Chargehand

Hello everyone, My name is Tony, I am aged 56, my interest in this forum is due to serving my apprenticeship at Fazakerley Eng Company Liverpool.I was trained as a heavy vehicle mechanic and rose to the position of supervisor in charge of 20 men engaged in the complete strip and rebuild of the Antars mainly mk3s but some mk2s. I have also worked on Stalwarts,Dukws,Saracens,Trailers tasker and dysons, in fact anything that was sent to FEC for repair. It was a wonderful time you started there as a 15yr old boy and emerged as a grown up with a lot of skills. The vehicles were repaired to a very high standard and i was proud to be part of that process. Chances are if you own a mk3 Antar i probally worked on it, in fact whilist rebuilding the axles i used to sign my name on the phosfer bronze wormwheel using a center punch look and you will see!!. I left FEC in 1982 and sadly it closed completely in 1986.