The new toy, FV434 MK1/1

harleybaird

I went for a nosy around Withams yard the other week, they have hundreds and I mean hundreds... row after row of 432's stretching into the distance round the back of their yard.

All of them looked immacculate, perfect tracks, paints, road pads etc... saleman said most of them had fewer than a few hundred miles on the clock though whether thats true in reality would remain to be seen.

No wonder they can't sell them all really, flooded the market. Would be a shame to see them all get cut up though.

Nice 434 by the way, everytime I see one I want one! :cool2:

I had a look at those 432s the other week, they are indeed very nice. Much nicer than the scabby ones they were selling 5 or 6 years ago. At £200+ a ton, you can see where the reserve price comes from - and it's much easier to sell it to the scrap man who'll just turn up and take it away than having to deal with the public.

There was also a line of 10 or so 434s, it's just a shame we've run out of money and space!

and it's much easier to sell it to the scrap man who'll just turn up and take it away than having to deal with the public.

Yes, they're not exactly the most friendly and welcoming of companies, even when you are trying to spend money!

Thanks for the PM by the way Chris.

I went for a nosy around Withams yard the other week, they have hundreds and I mean hundreds... row after row of 432's stretching into the distance round the back of their yard.

All of them looked immacculate, perfect tracks, paints, road pads etc... saleman said most of them had fewer than a few hundred miles on the clock though whether thats true in reality would remain to be seen.

No wonder they can't sell them all really, flooded the market. Would be a shame to see them all get cut up though.

Nice 434 by the way, everytime I see one I want one! :cool2:

On Tuesday 14/9/10 there were actually only 63 432s in the whole of Withams, I will admit it does look like there are 100's.