Now my Flipping wheel cylinder hates me :(

Jack

Ok, need to fit a new front wheel cylinder to the GMC so pulled all that this morning and pretty much full of sludge :cry: no drama, can clean all that up when I fit the new shoes.....once I have bought some :evil:

But I can foresee a problem when I come to reassemble the brakes and that is that big mother of a spring at the top of the shoes........

What is the easiest way to refit the spring or am I being thick here? ( it isn't compulsory to reply to the 'thick' remark :evil:?)

Best wishes.

Jack.

The best way I've found to do this is:

Get some strong wire, that thick stuff they uses in houses is good. Cut a length, and twist the ends together making a long loop. Grip the twisted end in some mole grips, put the other end of the loop on the spring and pull.

Chris

The plierthings might do the job.

Do be careful though, if you slip you may hurt yourself.

Before you apply force on pliers, spanners or whatever look where you're going to end up when you slip and put something soft to avoid a lot of pain and :argh:

Jack,have you bought yourself the TM yet? if not DO IT NOW!!!

Matt.

Funny enough have one inbound in digital format from Scout Car Simon.

It is just the size of that spring, I can just see it turning into a Scud missile if I am not careful,

Cor, they look pretty dam good Paul.

Smack in the face isn't so bad as fulling out of the back of your Jimmy on the bonnet of a car :oops: but no one saw me, I think!

That could be serious, hope you didn't do too much damage to the bonnet :rofl:

Hi Jack,

I fitted one yesterday to the rear shoes it was a bitch to stretch but I used mole grips tight on the bit closest to the spring leaving the maximum sticking out to be able to push through the hole in the shoes.I then leaverd the mole grips with a large screw driver against a bracket on the back plate,It went in quite nice after previously trying several other ideas.

regards

Steve

I'd get yourself a pair of these. Cheap and will save a smack in the face from your own fist :cry:. It's not so bad if know one sees it though.

Right going to buy some of these going to save a lot of hassle and I will over time have use for them on the other axles :mrgreen: