Fordson wot 3 tructor

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51576

Is that a Tructor lineup in the middle of the December 10th images on this post ?

Some superb pics, not seen many of them before, yes scroll a long way down is pic of a line up of 10 Tructors towing Harvards in Glasgow

Edited by Nick Johns

Some superb pics, not seen many of them before, yes scroll a long way down is pic of a line up of 10 Tructors towing Harvards in Glasgow

There's thirteen planes, and I can count thirteen truck windscreens - are some of them not Tructors ?

Didn't it get a mention in the thread that there were only sixteen made? If so that is 13/16th or production right there.

The location of that shot is the old Glasgow airport at Moorpark / Hillington / Renfrew, just across from the Renfrew Rolls Royce plant where my mother and aunt worked during the war on Merlin engine stuff. If you were standing on that spot now you would be dodgeing traffic in the fast lane of the M8 :-D

There's thirteen planes, and I can count thirteen truck windscreens - are some of them not Tructors ?

Didn't it get a mention in the thread that there were only sixteen made? If so that is 13/16th or production right there.

The location of that shot is the old Glasgow airport at Moorpark / Hillington / Renfrew, just across from the Renfrew Rolls Royce plant where my mother and aunt worked during the war on Merlin engine stuff. If you were standing on that spot now you would be dodgeing traffic in the fast lane of the M8 :-D

The end trucks looked different but I think they have a camo net or something over the front, there are indeed 13 Tructors, a great pic

The end trucks looked different but I think they have a camo net or something over the front, there are indeed 13 Tructors, a great pic

Nick,

I think a couple at the far end are Fordson 7V / Allan Taylor Tructor conversions. From memory there is a pic of one in Bart's original WW2 directory.

regards, Richard

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...