Fordson wot 3 tructor

Have just found some serial no AT cont No 204/T/S10554 . We think is was converted by ALLAN TAYLOR ? . Dose this firm still exist ? All information would be a help in restoring this truck . It had a lot of interest from people at beltering. It will be going to DAYMONS HALL 0n 7-8 AUG & to the FORD factory on the road run on SAT evening .After that back to my workshop for restoration .

WOT 3 AT BELTERING 003.jpg

WOT 3 AT BELTERING 001.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, Good luck with the restoration. Would there be any chance of a picture of the cab interior instrument panel and seating?

Don't know if this data will be of any use.

FordWOT3.jpg

Look forward to developments

Alan

By using so many clamps on the towing leaf spring doesnt that remove the reason for a spring in that I m guessing is built to have some flex to cusion the push pull action of the towed load ? Would nt it make the spring so rigid that it just as well be a solid cross bar .

Main Dimensions

WOT 3 D ................. TRUCTOR

LENTH 19 ft ....................... 14/6ft

WB 11/11 1/2 ft .................... 8/10

BODY/L 9ft ......................... 5ft

BODY W 6/10 ........................ 7ft

1050/16 900/16

Looks like it has be shortened by about 3 ft

It is at DAYMONS HALL this weekend .

After it will go to my workshop for nut & bolt resteration T CORBIN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just noticed the cross members on the floor next to the chassis, on both the 7V and the Loyd the Gearbox member is bolted in place but the cross member forward (or in the 7V's case, behind) the gearbox one is riveted in position. Are you going to need to undertake some hot riveting or was yours bolted? I imagine it should be riveted as Torque Tube theory revolves around the principle that the forward motion of the axle it transmitted to the chassis via the torque tube swivel joint and the suspension plays no / little part in it.

Edited by ajmac

• 2 months later...

Have been carefully taking down the layers of paint on the wings where their might be some markings found the remains of --F 64235 . I got all the pictures i have to see if the No where near . But it might be the one in the picture comming out of the mersey tunnel with a P.51 mustaing in tow ( picture taken 1943 ) .Could be a good chance it is the same one as i have got .We think only made about 20 ? T CORBIN

WOT 3 TRUCTOR  PICTURES 023.jpg

WOT 3 TRUCTOR  PICTURES 022.jpg