hessian

chevpol

Question

11 answers to this question

When u get some to make it authentic and blend in with brickwork, do what we did in Germany

Get a brick sized piece of sponge and dab red and brown squares all over it...the plastic hesian is best, the stuff used for garden membrain to stop the weeds coming through

Looks very effective when finished and erected properly....hope this helps

Paul

The mud flaps on a wartime Ford WOT2 were made of hessian in a kind of tar substance, to save on rubber. Anyone ever seen this for sale or know where I can get some? I'm using rubber mud flaps at present but would like to get it more authentic.

The mud flaps on a wartime Ford WOT2 were made of hessian in a kind of tar substance, to save on rubber. Anyone ever seen this for sale or know where I can get some? I'm using rubber mud flaps at present but would like to get it more authentic.

You could try builders merchants and check out the newer types of roofing felt, they are bituminous and also have a reinforcing within the fabric. You can also get it without the chippings on them:D Or alternativly have a look at the rolls of damproofing membrane, same effect.

Regards

tim

You could try builders merchants and check out the newer types of roofing felt, they are bituminous and also have a reinforcing within the fabric. You can also get it without the chippings on them:D Or alternativly have a look at the rolls of damproofing membrane, same effect.

Regards

tim

Thanks. Never thought about roofing material. I will try B&Q on Wednesday and see what they have.