Unknown Revolver Mag. Grenade Launcher

Just How can it be called 'Less Than leathal', when it can fire Shotgun, Explosive and Incendary. Would clear the streets. There is a clip in the film The Wild Geese where a similar weapon is used. I am a little dubious of the genuineness of the picture. Where they design in the 1930's.

Looks like a Hawk MM-1. Found this ref. on the web, "The Hawk MM-1 is an American revolver-type 40 mm grenade launcher first produced in the 1970s. The Hawk MM-1 takes a 40 mm calibre grenade from a 12-round cylinder magazine and fires at a theoretical rate of up to 144 rounds per minute, but in practice a practical rate of fire of 30 rounds per minute can be achieved, with a maximum range of 350 meters.

Funny it says first produced in the 1970's when the pic looks like a pre war uniform.

Thank you, especially Malyutkaman, for finding it!

But strange people in the other forum:cool2::

My father is a Gastroenterologist and he identified this after one second of looking at it.

It is an automatic suppository dispenser. They have a few in the office that they use for patients that are a P.I.T.A.

I had stomach trouble not much time ago...:shake:

Regards, RT