British 3 stud Jeep trailer wheels and hubs - what car?

Hey guys,

The wheels used on many wartime British 'Jeep' trailers had 12 holes around the rim I think. I know most had 6 wheel studs but I'm looking for the 3 stud version and hubs for a project.

Were these wheels and hubs Austin and does anyone know what car, anyone who has them?

Thankyou :-)

Colt

Hi,

The three stud wheel was used on the trolley Acc used for starting planes. I noticed it at Shuttleworth last year but otherwise they looked like the Austin versions seen on trailers. The cars have 5 studs, if i remember from my Morris 10.... Hope this helps

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

If it's any help, I have seen these wheeels at Autojumbles as they seem to be a standard item with just the number of stud holes varying on civilian cars. I believe they were called 'Easy Clean' wheels in civilian use. Try Beaulieu Autojumble in September as a source.

Old (1960's) Benford builders dumpers used these (3 stud) too on the rear steering axle. 16" tyres? I found some replacement wheels for my dumper from a ministry surplus place - I believe they came off an ex RAF aircraft starter or slave battery trailer. Tyres were still available 15 years ago (a standard Indian market commercial size!).

Hey guys,

The wheels used on many wartime British 'Jeep' trailers had 12 holes around the rim I think. I know most had 6 wheel studs but I'm looking for the 3 stud version and hubs for a project.

Were these wheels and hubs Austin and does anyone know what car, anyone who has them?

Thankyou :-)

Colt

Didnt "Standard" (Triumph) cars of that vintage, have 3 stud wheels?

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, Paul Watson said:

I have a three stud axil & 5 wheels, I’m selling of a collection of predominately military gear, so this could be what you’re looking for? 
regards, Paul 

Hello Paul, do you still have the wheels? I need one as a spare for a WWII trailer fire pump. I need the 3-stud, 16" wheel to take a 5.50 or 6.00 x 16 tyre.