12th June RAF Flypast for the Queens Birthday

you must be in one of the few places that you can see the flypast from SE london, I've lived around Abbey Wood/Woolwich all my life with good views over the thames and have never managed to see one yet as they fly well north of the docks and Becton.

Saw Lightnings over back garden for Churchill's Funeral in 66, 50 year of LHR turned smack over my current abode, except for lanc and rapides which flew different route, in 97 , as did the RN 100 flight.

Even with Bins it would not be easy to see from a high point.

Really just jealous if you can.

you must be in one of the few places that you can see the flypast from SE london, I've lived around Abbey Wood/Woolwich all my life with good views over the thames and have never managed to see one yet as they fly well north of the docks and Becton.

Saw Lightnings over back garden for Churchill's Funeral in 66, 50 year of LHR turned smack over my current abode, except for lanc and rapides which flew different route, in 97 , as did the RN 100 flight.

Even with Bins it would not be easy to see from a high point.

Really just jealous if you can.

I'm 1 1/2 miles from buckhouse,as the crow flys. I can see as far as Canary Wharf in east london right through to fulham. Its a little bit of a distance. But i can see the planes clearly. Some years ago there was a pageant held in Horseguards parade that replaced the Royal Tornament. It was on for a week. And every night the Red Arrows used to do there run in right over my house. Great stuff.

Oh stuff. Got to take car for MOT and service.

Living in Chesham they fly over on their way out.

Carnival day seems to be arranged so that they get a free flypast.

Tend to go via RAF Halton where ther is a Moth fly-in that day.

Mike

We had some of them fly right over us today but it seems they didn't follow their flight plan as quite a few were missing as they flew over Brentwood, they are normanly all in formation when they fly over the town & what happened to the Lancaster? :-(

Apparently there were There were 150 cadets in the Tristar jet in celebration for the 150th anniversary of the cadet movement.

Edited by Marmite!!

Unfortunately the Lancaster is unable to take part in the Queens Birthday Flypast on Saturday 12 June 2010 as following a routine check it has been found that due to normal wear and tear one of the undercarriage struts needs to be replaced. Due to the age of the aircraft this could not be made and fitted in time for the Flypast on Saturday. However, it is hoped that the aircraft will be back in the air, completing planned displays within a week.

We were at RAF Northolt for the families day. We got the flypast just after 1O'clock. Great event to attend. We get to walk round and touch the aircraft,talk to the pilots and even sit in the seats. Most of the pics when the planes came over are just black shapes but here is a taster.

DSC02245.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

Got to see half the flypast as we were walking between Amersham to Chesham.

Sadly no camera as 15-20 minutes later the Sentinel ans HS125 came back, assume heading to Northolt, still in formation and at what must have been minimum height. Nice sight.

Mike