What parts should be reproduced?

robin craig

Bedford MW rear Brake Cylinders.

If you think outside of the box, they are more avenues to search in. Rear cylinders for most Bedfords from 1940/50/60's used the same cylinder, right through to TJ, also RL. The wartime ones were handed but later they were made universal fitting, bleed screw could be moved to suit.

Lets not forget about the consumable side of things, lots of things mentioned that are a one off purchase for a restorer, like body panels etc ( working on the principle that your cherished item will not be used in combat and molly coddled)

We do need a range of brake consumables inclusive of drums , tyres and tracks.

A lot of electrical items seem to be covered already or an alternative is available.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyres, tyres and more tyres.

Pretty much anything else can be made on a small scale but you do need quite a factory to make tyres.

We imported some of the BF Goodrich 16 ply 40x8s for the S4 which cost rather a lot but it makes such a difference driving something on the road knowing that there isn't a single complaint someone could level at the tyres. They look absolutely perfect, too. It makes such a difference after years of scratching round trying to find even mediocre 40x8s and 9.00x24s.

Finally managed to get a whole set of nearly new condition
12.00-20
Dunlop TRAKGRIPS
on wheels
complete with air!
......for
£600 !!!!
Bloody bargain!:-D.....

hopefully these will last!

The Fox exhaust is something which needs to be reproduced. So far ours has held up ok, but I would like to replace it with a Stainless one at some point.

I believe LONGLIFE Exhausts in Cardiff will make pretty much any exhaust you fancy out of stainless and they love a challenge. They would only need something to copy from memory for a bespoke fabrication??

On the topic of reproduced parts.....Landrover Chassis repair sections that fit and are within sensible tolerance......Especially any panels that are connected with the Bulkhead!.....:cry::cry::cry:

Bren carrier steering wheels, seeing as no one has spare one that I can buy.

Dunsfold Land Rover regularly repair Bakalite steering wheels that are cracked etc and they spray them up with 2 pac paint.......The finishes job looks pretty spanking....They didn't mention the filler to repair though. I would guess Epoxy putty would work well????