War and Peace longest time for shortest distance award goes to?

We left at 3pm and arrived in sunny Brighton, at 1030pm! now thats not bad!

How manyt things can go wrong!

We gained a nice misfire and power loss issue! the engine cut out and would not run very well, back fires the lot!

We changed the fuel to a jerry can, checked the points, all ignition and fuel and air filters to no avail!! i had a bad feeling with headgasket!

We callled out Roadsure... took there time, but Mick Gould commercials came and by this point i have worked the problem out.. But thanks to them anyhow.

It Seems that the problem was on the power switch on the ignition!

It was shorting out and not staying on, thus killing the engine and causing bad running and misfires!

The light had been coming on when the engine died, but it would anyhow. It was at closer insepection on very dull alot of the time, but due to the sun it was very hard to notice this!

So, with a cable tie around the offending switch we carried on, ran out of fuel in heathfield! then after a nice household sold me 5litres we limped to the next station..

So £85 on fuel, and seven and a half hours later we arrive in brighton then newhaven when its stored...

The next problem, the caravan park i store the PIG only allows access to the storage area between 830-730at night.. normally i would park else where and not be worried , but alas my friends car was in my PIG's space! so we had to leave the car and get the bus! (as we had been warned by the owner thursday for loading late, i didnt wanna push it and get thrown out of my space)

So then the bus back... and home by around 1130.

Oh the joys! haha

Many thanks to the Chap that stopped in the American Lorry offering a Tow.

Also would like to say thanks to the Essex armour group for there help with W+P

And all the other faces i put to Screen names...

Was a pleasure and we shall be back for a week next year!

As soon as i get a new instrument panel! haha

So 3pm till 1030pm vehicle home! 7.5 hours! for a 50 max mile journey

Paul,

Was that you who offered us firewood? I was camped opposite with the Spartan. If so thanks for the wood, we still have some of it!

I have had problems with the instrument panel before on my Ferret and broke one for spares... I may be able to help with the switch, I'll see if I can find the bits...!

Chris

Yeah sorry guys, I was thinking that as Paul had won the award that it would be only right and proper that he thank everyone who helped him win the award.........you know, 'my mum and dad' 'my manager' etc etc :-D

Hhaha, Neil im used to my driving, so i hold on at all times! haha

Jack, i would like to thank everyone i met

Canadianscottish for joining us for drinks and being a good sport

Artistrifles for the rides! shame you could not have joined on mine! but alas same era in the arena!

Safariswing for the help with letting us pitch there! i hope we didnt wake or annoy you to much!

And the mystery man that drove the big american truck who stopped to tow us, on the road to Matfield

and of course, mum, dad.... well i blame you for my stupid obsession with 1 Para and Pigs! (miss you)

erm, (american pop artist version)

I would like to thank God, for the strengh to do what i did, Jesus Christ for your guidence... and Tim my producer

iIwould love to do a living history.... a few pigs in NI colours and a Piglet. rocks and paint a plenty.. poss a burnt out car and barb wire and everyone in denisons and Para attire with SLR's and batton guns! would look great! not sure if iin the best taste? or is any living history?

We could check point the bridge into the America field! hehe

iIwould love to do a living history.... a few pigs in NI colours and a Piglet. rocks and paint a plenty.. poss a burnt out car and barb wire and everyone in denisons and Para attire with SLR's and batton guns! would look great! not sure if iin the best taste? or is any living history?

We could check point the bridge into the America field! hehe

Don't forget the Fox, mine served in NI..

Paul,

Yes that was my night vision sight, did his photos come out well?

Chris

[/quote

Hello there sirhc, tunnel_rat here, the wood offerer!! The two pics that i took came out quite well considering :beer: I can give you a copy of both if you would like.

lee we had quite enough of the fox blocking the bridge thank you :wink:

Well if one must breakdown at Beltring the bridge in to America's Field is as good as any.. just would of helped if the marshals had not let any other traffic through..