Tip of the day....

Jack

When your smoke alarm goes off - do not try and extract the burnt toast from under the grill by actually grabbing the red hot elements - it tends to burn your fingers badly.

*note to self - BUY A FLIPPING TOASTER TOMORROW.

More handy house hold tips bound to come.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....BTW, when you run out of plates etc, it's time to wash up.....:D

Washing cutlery won't be a problem - remember those mauve coloured multi-purpose eating utensils which came with the HMVF overalls? I suspect there might be several thousand tucked away somewhere.....

Washing cutlery won't be a problem - remember those mauve coloured multi-purpose eating utensils which came with the HMVF overalls? I suspect there might be several thousand tucked away somewhere.....

Its a fair point - I did buy a container load of them!

If you ever need to blend something (ie too make soup etc) never ever ever wash the hand blender by plunging it into the washing up bowl and then turning it on. It tingles for days afterwards :wow::shocked:

I can see an episode of Casualty just for Jack. Though I'm not sure how we swing it for a GMC to be dropped accidentally into the casualty department by a passing train/petrol tanker/ ice cream van/ nuclear powered submarine with attendant explosion/murder/angst

Discuss.

If you ever need to blend something (ie too make soup etc) never ever ever wash the hand blender by plunging it into the washing up bowl and then turning it on. It tingles for days afterwards :wow::shocked:

Also, if you are using a hand-blender, make sure it's not on when you remove it from the mixing bowl! (My Mother-in-Law did this once).

Here's another one for you Jack to go with your original post:

ALWAYS Butter your Toast BOTH sides.

Because when you drop it, it ALWAYS lands buttered side downwards!........:-D

Mike

So one buttered side will constantly be trying to get underneath the other to hit the ground. You've invented anti-gravity!

-Don't use the front brake only on a moped

-Don't go on a childrens stepthinghy

-Don't touch a stonedrill after use

-Don't shoot your own foot with a paintball gun

-Don't touch sparkplug wires with running engine

-Don't shoot a airgun at brother's friends head

-Don't jump a small rise on a moped

-Don't touch a Sherman barrel after firing with butane gas

-Don't get a Dodge airborne

-Don't leave the soldering iron on the caravan step

-Don't proceed with the sharp pointing thing when the thought passes through your brain "if I slip this will hurt"

-Don't have your car keys on one of those inertia reel things, with added problem don't let your kids pull on them to full extension and let go (resulted direct hit on your pecker)

-Don't test 12v wire with your tongue

-Don't hold beer with your teeth whilst shooting

-Don't clench a spanner when dislodging a rusty nut

-Don't hit a tree on a motorcycle

-Don't tow anyone (most people have no idea on how to be towed)

-Don't sit at the computer like the great thinker ie typing with one hand and resting your chin on your other hand, elbow on the desk (very bad)

-Don't leave the soldering iron on the caravan step

-Don't proceed with the sharp pointing thing when the thought passes through your brain "if I slip this will hurt"

-Don't have your car keys on one of those inertia reel things, with added problem don't let your kids pull on them to full extension and let go (resulted direct hit on your pecker)

-Don't test 12v wire with your tongue

-Don't hold beer with your teeth whilst shooting

-Don't clench a spanner when dislodging a rusty nut

-Don't hit a tree on a motorcycle

-Don't tow anyone (most people have no idea on how to be towed)

-Don't sit at the computer like the great thinker ie typing with one hand and resting your chin on your other hand, elbow on the desk (very bad)

you must have been watching me as I read the last line with one hand on the mouse and the other supporting my chin

Why not?

I used to do it a lot and I started loosing the feeling in my last 2 fingers to the point I could not hold a fork.

After several checks, they found I had crushed the nerve that goes under my elbow. To fix it I had to go for an operation, 6 inch cut. groove the bone and move the nerve around.

Never regained full arm extension ie cant fully straighten by a degree or so, but could have permanently lost the use of half my hand.