Guy FBAX

The Bedford Boys

Right guys, I want to know everything that you know about Guy FBAX's!! Also, if anyone knows where I can get a manual or handbook, please let me know. Feel free to post up pictures etc in this thread. I have taken a great interest in these vehicles, but there seems to be such a limited amount of information available.

• 1 month later...
Seeing that picture Les, answers perhaps the puzzler on the MCC gallery thread (http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?7797-Morris-Commercial-gallery/page13) at posts 123, 132 and 137.

What do you think?

somebody mentioned that .. the con rods in the engines were made from a fragile manganese ?? alloy . So a potential restorer would likely need to have new rods cast .

MIKE

I have heard this also, I believe the products name to be Duralumin, or something along those lines. An alloy of Copper, Magnesium and Manganese if I'm right? Casting new rods isn't a problem, as when we do do the truck, most of the engine internals will have to be remanufactured anyway (Pistons, bearings, seals etc.)

Great photo, thanks. Does anyone know of any that are running or restored throughout the world? Also, does anyone know what F.B.A.X stands for?

In 1926 GUY supplied the British Army with a rigid 6 wheeler with a double drive rear axle (probably based on the WD rear axle set up) that fully articulated. This was the BAX model. FBAX stood for the forward control BAX. They were produced up to 1940

Dont really think the letters meant anything than a model number

• 1 year later...
Mod Edit: Quote removed at the request of another member.

I would like to know who filmed this as they were tresspassing when doing so. I know the owner of the land and all of the people that own the equipment. Some of our own vehicles are stored at this property. We have issues with people stealing and this video does not help the cause.

Edited by Marmite!!
Quote removed at the request of member.

• 9 months later...