Quiet here!

Spood

Nah I'll just sob inconsolably in the corner here

Still at least my mate is there spending some money on my behalf

New windscreen rubber and arial

Had a traumatising weekend just gone listening to a couple of mates who were getting ready to drive a Jimmy and a '45 Mack down from Blackpool @ 35mph!!

The'yre there now, say hi if y'see 'em (can't miss the Mack it's Huuuge!) :mrgreen:

Yes but they have already told me that the accessories and contents, (mostly tools and offroading equipment) worth several thousand pounds are not covered.

I am having to sell my military vehicles as a result.

I'm sorry to hear about this Degsy,never a copper about when you need one :roll:

I hope it turns up,but as you say if it's a pro job the chances are slim.

Matt.

I'm sorry to hear about this Degsy,never a copper about when you need one :roll:

I hope it turns up,but as you say if it's a pro job the chances are slim.

Matt.

Sorry to hear of the loss - and the consequences to you!!!

In this day and age what use is a copper anyway???? Around here they never seem to be interested in catching the low-lifes who make peoples lives a misery but seem more intent on eforcing the P.C. Edicts of Phony Tony and his Cronies :x

Seems as far as justice is concerned one is far better off with a lump of 4x2 and a "persuasive" manner....

I have finally managed to make contact with the female officer who is dealing with things, she has been off duty since thursday so little has been done.She has told me that it took 3 days for forensics to collect some evidence that was thrown from the vehicle and the cameras were checked on the A55 but nothing seen, there were apparently too many other vehicles on the road at 2am! Needless to say I am just slightly p----d off.

One of the staff on "Practical Classics" had a pristine, low mileage Granada Mk 1 coupe stolen recently. Reported it to the police and was basically told to forget it - looking for stolen cars is like looking for needles in haystacks. So they went public with the details and got a tip off as to where the car was and who had stolen it.

I think it was 3 DAYS before the police did anything - and then only after constant chasing - then they went to two wrong locations before arriving at the right one. And then they said they couldn't investigate because a lorry was parked in front of the garage and they needed a warrant to enter and move it but coudn't get it because the driver wasn't known at the registered address!!!

Final up-shot is a very rare and valuable classic vehicle has been stolen and believed to have been broken up to be used in banger racing - the police were told where it was and who had stolen it but to date no one has been charged, no one looks like being charged and the owner of the vehicle is left with nothing but memories whilst the insurance company foots the bill - no doubt leading to higher premiums next year.

And the police wonder why the public is losing faith in them and their ability to protect the law-abiding members of society.... :? :x:x

Yes but they have already told me that the accessories and contents, (mostly tools and offroading equipment) worth several thousand pounds are not covered.

I am having to sell my military vehicles as a result.

:-o :x Man that _is_ bad news :(

• 5 weeks later...

Update. The Land Rover eventually turned up nearly 3 weeks after being stolen, it had been used as a getaway vehicle after a robbery at a Tesco store at Clowne in Derbyshire. Needless to say it had been stripped bare, the insurance company will not sell it back to me, if I want it back I have to bid for it in a web auction held by the salvage firm. As I am sure you can understand my thoughts bring some peoples parentage into question. :argh: