Bedford MJ camo schemes

overthere

To the best of my knowledge, over time I have seen the following:-

Deep Bronze green, matt green, matt green with black, matt green with black and white overlay AMFL (N), various shades of sand (Gulf War 1), sand (various) with other colour disruptive pattern (GW1), sand with green (UK + BATUS), sand with green and red (BATUS), gloss blue (BATUS adventure training vehicles), orange (NI), white, white and black.

Are you refering to the American favoured 3 colour scheme or the Canadian scheme?

Any one else want to chime in?

R

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of the American 3 color or the Canadian coloring.

I haven't been able to find any pictures where it appears that an In-Service MJ has more than 2 of any color combination.

I was hoping that at sometime they did a green,black, brown/sand color scheme as I think that would look good on the MJ.

Mine currently has a what I would describe as a grey paint with the doors being black and the other MJ I have here is all sand color.

Hopefully someone has pictures of a 3 color MJ.

Thanks,

Robin

I've never seen a 3-colour one, doesn't mean they don't exist but I would have thought they'd be more obvious if they'd done it widely. The most obvious (to me) place they may have done it would have been in Bosnia, where a few British vehicles picked up foreign camo styles (like this Pinzgauer - British but in a 3-colour camo), but this link shows MJs there in the standard temperate 2-colour disruptive style.

Why not just stick with the well-documented ones? At least then you won't get loads of people telling you it looks wrong ;)

Stone

The British Army just doesn't use a three colour scheme.

...except for that Pinzgauer!

My point is, they might exist but they'll be vanishingly rare as they'll all be special-purpose. It's pretty futile trying to hide something as chunky as a Bedford anyway :-D

Stone

• 4 weeks later...
To the best of my knowledge, over time I have seen the following:-

Deep Bronze green, matt green, matt green with black, matt green with black and white overlay AMFL (N), various shades of sand (Gulf War 1), sand (various) with other colour disruptive pattern (GW1), sand with green (UK + BATUS), sand with green and red (BATUS), gloss blue (BATUS adventure training vehicles), orange (NI), white, white and black.

Are you refering to the American favoured 3 colour scheme or the Canadian scheme?

Any one else want to chime in?

R[/quote

some interesting colours there,what was the Orange Northern Ireland vehicle for and was it uparmoured?

also trying to find pics of batus vehicles so the blue sounds interesting

------------------

-