Me 262

stanpart57

A bit off topic, :-D but I seem to recall that it has been mentioned before:

I am currently working in Germany near Munich (nothing to do with F**tball) and whilst at lunch today saw the replica Me 262 flying in preparation for an airshow this weekend. It was pretty awesome and just such a sleek airframe years ahead of its time, it must have seemed like alien technology back in the forties! It was much louder than I expected, unlike the Vampires and such that just seem to wooosh past!

Just thought I'd share it with you as it made my day :banana: (Sad b*stard!)

Cheers

Paul

I've seen the site already, but would like to see photo's of the 262's out in the real world, now that deliveries are happening.

There's been much debate on aviation forums on whether the CAA would allow the 262 over to the UK to display. I guess time will tell.

Steve

It is awesome :yay!:

Due to the nature of where I am working we are not allowed cameras on the site.

It should be flying this Saturday at an open day where cameras will be allowed, trouble is I'm back in the UK for the weekend (bad planning or what :cry:) However several colleagues will be attending with instructions to get plenty of pictures!

When I have them they will be posted 8-)

Cheers :banana:

Paul