military surplus stores

griff66

Sabre Sales in Southsea, -Castle Street if I remember, very knowledgable, excellent value:-D

Renegades in Calmore, near Totton, Southampton, Brooks Farm Ind Est, quite good I believe, not sure on opening hours.:)

Frontline in Southampton, again excellent value ,speak to 'Jock':-D

Hi all, I went to one many miles from the south , in Darlington trying to find a coat like one I used to have in the mid eighties , fishtail parker extreme weather , chap said he'd not had any and did not recall seeing one like the one I described ,, I got mine and quite a few others by chance when a military truck was chucking a load out at a rubbish tip , a lot were deliberately covered in red die ,

I know its the opposite side of the country but a couple of good ones in Plymouth.

Goulds , Ebrington St. Clothing and camping suppiles.

Knights , James St , Devonport. Clothing, camping supplies and a huge warehouse full of anything and everything..lots of vehicle CES. Excellent place for a rummage!

Yep Laurence Corner up behind Euston and the Angel, I was a friend of the Late Mike Ross and remember his brother Badger with his tank at Thruxton (was it a Grant or a Lee, or lt Stuart? can't remember now- wonder what happened to it) - too many years now but in the 70s these were the places to go and buy virtually anything military.

I used to go from Glasgow on train to visit these places and get bits n bobs.

Yep Laurence Corner up behind Euston and the Angel, I was a friend of the Late Mike Ross and remember his brother Badger with his tank at Thruxton (was it a Grant or a Lee, or lt Stuart? can't remember now- wonder what happened to it) - too many years now but in the 70s these were the places to go and buy virtually anything military.

Laurence Corner.......a name from the past, they had allsorts of wartime British kit, bought quite a bit from them, but many years ago now. Mike's tank was a Stuart M5A1, it is still around the show scene.

I used to go from Glasgow on train to visit these places and get bits n bobs.

Badger is still alive & kicking! The stuart was a troop carrying variant. They made a dummy turret for it from sheet steel. I used to go to QM's quite a lot & knew most of the crew there. I picked up some amazing stuff over the years. It was amazing that they didnt know how rare some of the stuff they had was! :shocked: