MV based camper

haybaggerman

Question

Hi All

Well, next year I'm determined to spend more time with the family and MVs. So, an MV camper conversion sounds like a good idea, just pack the family in on friday night and go somewhere for the weekend, easy.

But, this year the family went from 3 to 5 individuals with the birth of twins. I love the military trucks, mjs, dafs etc and there are some really nice radio bodies that can be mounted on them which is fine when you are stopped at your destination. However, where do they all sit in transit? Is there a truck out there that sits 5 in the cab?

Any suggestions please or am I stuffed?

Cheers

Paul

12 answers to this question

I was only able to get (squeeze) 4 into the leyland daf legally.

I think you have a difficult situation. A mv that takes five and have camping accomodation...maybe a mv that takes five and tows a trailer could be a solution.

Piet

The only vaguley MV that I know that would fit the bill, is the Sherpa riot vehicle that Witham's were selling. basically a sherpa van on steroids.

There may also be a question about persons travelling in the 'camper' part of the vehicle. Seat belts etc. The 101 ambulance may fit the bill.

thanks for the suggestions, nothing VERY practical, basicaly I'm screwed I'm thinking

Here is a photo of a Dutchman's solution to carrying the family. He has lengthened the cab of a CMP 3 tonner, and lost some body space in the running. OK it is not authentic, but it does enable a family to be together to enjoy the hobby. Perhaps it will give you an idea.

Normandy 2009 046.jpg

my Morris c8 gs camper [not me in the photo]. We have ways of converting your old MVs into campers, takes 5 mins to take off and put back to its old use.Just need to drill a few holes into it, but nothing a bit of filler cant patch up. Gives your old truck a lease of New life.[ photo taken on 1st April ]

Edited by Morris C8
more info