Safety

fesm_ndt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY, My heart goes out to that poor owner. So much work and sweat and money, poof all gone , and practically has to start the restoration all over again . Even if the outfit transporting the engine had insurance coverage and it paid the owner of the engine , could it be restored ?

OH MY, My heart goes out to that poor owner. So much work and sweat and money, poof all gone , and practically has to start the restoration all over again . Even if the outfit transporting the engine had insurance coverage and it paid the owner of the engine , could it be restored ?

yep ditto, that would be devastating

Anyone know of any regulations regarding the disposal of abrasive blasting waste?

I would have thought if using an inert material, like garnet then it is only a HSE concern if removing a hazardous coating like leaded paint.

• 9 months later...

Wow , didn't even think about the dangers of those, well done for bringing it to all our attention.

Hopefully this will help make us all aware.

Feel for that child and what the Parents must be thinking.They will be devastated.

Yeah it is pretty gruesome. I mainly brought it up as I never thought this could happen and also I tend to leave these things laying around.

There was two similar incidents recently, one was another swallowing which was fatal and another with a cheap toy watch where the sweat in the nighttime completed a circuit which resulted in severe burns overnight

Yeah it is pretty gruesome. I mainly brought it up as I never thought this could happen and also I tend to leave these things laying around.

There was two similar incidents recently, one was another swallowing which was fatal and another with a cheap toy watch where the sweat in the nighttime completed a circuit which resulted in severe burns overnight

Nasty that.

What do you you use your ural for?