fv439's at withams

haybaggerman

Thats the trouble Chris, I could pick a good ferret, I know ferrets, these fv439's seem to run on track things and where do you put the petrol in one of these K60 diesels engines?

The auction of one ends today, but I'm not buying blind from Withams, bit too far out on a limb I think.

Still, didn't know there were that many of them, withams say there are 4 available, why can't they just be up front?

Paul

Does anyone know what the 439 went for? was at £4000 when I looked at 18:00, but had to go out and missed the end, prob a good job as I would have been tempted.

Don't think the 439 any of the variants, (there are at least 2 types at withams prob all 3 types) would be a bad buy. Some don't seem to have done a lot of work since refurbs.

There's a couple of pics of the interiors on the thread 439 Ptarmigan on this forum.

There will be a 439 section coming up on www.fv432.co.uk hopefully next week when I pull my finger out!!!

Regards

Dougy

Thats the trouble Chris, I could pick a good ferret, I know ferrets, these fv439's seem to run on track things and where do you put the petrol in one of these K60 diesels engines?

The auction of one ends today, but I'm not buying blind from Withams, bit too far out on a limb I think.

Still, didn't know there were that many of them, withams say there are 4 available, why can't they just be up front?

Paul

Supply and demand. If they let it be known they have 50 to get rid of then the values would fall like a stone. Releasing them to the buying public slowly, maximises the value.

Don't see the problem with buying blind as long as you don't expect any more than it meets the description. The words not the picture are the important thing. If it doesn't meet the description when you go to pay, don't pay, or quote the sale of goods act.

I wouldn't expect to get one road registered either after the problems Neil had with his overwidth tracked vehicle. That must surely limit the values compared to the more common 432's already out there and road legal.

sorry got to disgaree, everything i have bought from there without seeing it first has turned out to be a piece of doggy doo and cost a shed load more to fix...always take a look at the one you want if you can...just my humble but experienced opinion...

• 6 months later...
I've currently got a 439 up for sale if your interested... all complete including all the radio gear, 12m mast etc.. starts runs and drives like a treat. Low engine hours and mileage. PM me if you want more details.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29595[/ATTACH]

Is it road registered ?

Phil

I've currently got a 439 up for sale if your interested... all complete including all the radio gear, 12m mast etc.. starts runs and drives like a treat. Low engine hours and mileage. PM me if you want more details.

Ouch! Looks like it's had a bit of a bump!

Sidewinder...loving it

I used to drive them in BAOR...its a Ptarmigan Radio relay vehicle

A bas***d to drive and maintain and when it came to camming up well that was about as much fun as eating toe nail clippings

Chuck all the radio gear out, loose the generators and the 12m Scam mast and save a fortune in weight and fuel

Certo Cito

I was going to strip it all down and convert it to a ' 432' version, but I can't quite bring myself to do it yet.. its in far too good condition to butcher for the sake of it, especially considering I've already got a 432 anyway.

I'm about to try and get it road registered, so wish me luck!

Yep, got Withams to thank for the bumps! Shame, its the only thing that lets in down in my opinion.

James