Jerry cans

Jack

I m sure someone had to deal with those bloaters after the fire was out and things had cooled . Wonder if they simply shot them from a safe distance since at the time environmental issues weren't as important then , or some private had to open and drain them into barrels?

Talking about jerrycans, I can remember after an exercise in 87-88, we (QOY) ended up in a leaguer area just north of Newcastle. A member of SHQ who was a Sultan driver decided to refill a hot petrol cooker, with the inevitable consequence. All I could see from my troop locstat was a 'can flying over the top of the Sultan with a trail of flame from the spout that was still spewing petrol.

Baz.

you bunch of saddo's!!! :whistle:

i have several 1943 british jerrycans! and some 44 and 45, couldn't help myself :dunno:

Baz :-D

Yeah but ther Antiques! all you need is a roadshow. You want sad. Our company were running bus routes for the last time today, some idiot with a camera playing chicken with the traffic when a copper grabbed him out they way, he got most uptight'I must get photo :yawn2:s of the buses leaving the stop, its the last day of the service you know' :shake:

repairing Jerry Cans

French Captions perhaps someone can translate ?

1996782075_2789d028d7-1.jpg

Le nettoyage des jerricans. (Bonjour, les conditions de travail!)

Reportage de 4 photos dans un atelier de rénovation de jerricans

1996785087_6548d117df.jpg

Vidange des jerrycans

Reportage de 4 photos dans un atelier de rénovation de jerrycans

1996778227_c55d2e75fd.jpg

Des soldats américains sont en train de réparer des jerrycans, opération de vidange.

1997573112_d5ac6cdcc6.jpg

Trois soldats américains sont en train de réparer des jerrycans, travail de brasure.

Une croix de Lorraine est peinte sur un mur de l'entrepôt.

translation

Three American soldiers are repairing jerrycans, work of brazing. A cross of Lorraine is painted on a wall of the warehouse. Report of 4 photographs in a workshop of restoration of jerrycans

Here it is :coffee2:

repairing Jerry Cans

French Captions perhaps someone can translate ?

width=500 height=377http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/abndeuce/1996782075_2789d028d7-1.jpg[/img]

Cleaning jerry cans. (Hello, working conditions!)

Reporting 4 photos in a workshop renovation of jerrycans

width=500 height=389http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/abndeuce/1996785087_6548d117df.jpg[/img]

Draining jerrycans

width=500 height=391http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/abndeuce/1996778227_c55d2e75fd.jpg[/img]

American soldiers are in the process of repairing jerrycans, draining operation.

width=500 height=391http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/abndeuce/1997573112_d5ac6cdcc6.jpg[/img]

Three American soldiers in the process of repairing jerrycans, brazing.

A cross of Lorraine is painted on a wall of the warehouse.

:-D

just a couple of Jimmies worth of Jerry cans

373634114_5f64a708e4.jpg

French Caption

Des soldats américains déchargent des jerricans d'essence sur le premier terrain d'aviation permanent en France

translation

American soldiers discharge from the gasoline jerry cans on the first permanent airfield in France

• 4 months later...