Hi from Alan.

ace1

Hello all. I own a scammell pioneer "SPARKY" which was restored from hedgrow condition, stripped down to the last nut & bolt & rebuilt over 5 years. The winch was compleatly "kernakered" so after seeing a highwayman with a hi-ab on the back i decided to do the same, & it has proved invaluable, being able to load up to 3 tons in the back.

I may have met some people that use this forum at Amberly or the Great Dorset Steam Fayre as i have been attending both for the last 5 years, the latter with HMS Sultan steam lorry, pulling the 1921 living van, as seen on my avatar coming up the "playpen".

I hope this works.

Sorry for the delay replying, i only get a few minutes at work, or i am on late in the evening, i will try to post some more pictures when i can.

PS thanks for the warm welcome!

Dorset steam rally 07 006.jpg

Dorset steam rally 07 005.jpg

Edited by ace1
Added more text.

Thank you all for your kind comments, and i hope to meet new people at events next year.(or this year if there are any near Chichester).:)

...or if you make the trip across the Channel with the Scammell!:-D

Alan

First of all welcome to the forum.

I don't know of many events happening this time of year at present but if you want to keep an eye on the events page of the Sussex MVT (www.sussexmvt.co.uk) as all the local events that we have been told about are on their and are updated regulary (as i am the one who updates the events) you will be more than welcome to come along to any of them.

Mark

Hello Mike, yes all is well thanks, i didnt get in the playpen much this year, 4 times if i remember, nursing a bad back!

The sentinel pulled the scammell round & up the hill a couple of times, (saves fuel :-D!) but it was so crowded this year i mostly spectated.

C U soon. Alan.