Detling photos 2009

Seeing the WW2 British in the woods was superb, hope it's done again next year, very atmospheric (especially walking into the woods at about midnight on Sunday)

d1-2.jpg

d2-1.jpg

d3-1.jpg

d4-1.jpg

d5-1.jpg

The Gentleman in the turret of the Morris Light Recce Car is Bert, a veteran of 43rd Recce

d6-1.jpg

d7-1.jpg

d8-1.jpg

d9-1.jpg

f1-2.jpg

Didn't get the chance for a proper look around but the village display was very good

f2-2.jpg

f3-2.jpg

The lighting in the woods was very photogenic

f4-2.jpg

f5-2.jpg

f6-2.jpg

Universal Carrier Recovery Services

Yep, that's pretty much how it was on Saturday - some very good living history displays, but very few paying public indeed (despite good weather) - it was heaving the last few times I've been. The MVs - such as they were - were parked around the road in a far corner - so 'far' in fact that I wasn't sure if they were really on dispaly or not!!

Still a good (but expensive) show for living history, quite good for stalls but forget it as far as MVs go!

Peter

Yep, that's pretty much how it was on Saturday - some very good living history displays, but very few paying public indeed (despite good weather) - it was heaving the last few times I've been. The MVs - such as they were - were parked around the road in a far corner - so 'far' in fact that I wasn't sure if they were really on dispaly or not!!

Still a good (but expensive) show for living history, quite good for stalls but forget it as far as MVs go!

Peter

I was there saturday, arrived at 10am and took us 40mins to reach the cash desk. Agree regards the vehicles not many at all. Some good living history displays. On the whole it wasn't a bad show.