Sherman on the a12 heading to ipswich?

Maverick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a Ram and it was coming to me for some work. Unless it was another of course! About 2 hours later you would have seen an M10 going the other way...

- Adrian are you saying that you converted the Ram into a M10 in 2 hours :???:confused:

• 9 months later...
Resurecting an old thread here but here are a couple of pictures of the said Ram.

A before and after of the rh front. We had to put a new side and centre floor in as well as sponsons, floor angles and many other parts. All hot rivetted too. My neighbours ears are still ringing!

That's impressive Adrian, however long did it take to drill those holes? I'm guessing that is 2" m/s plate with 3/4" rivets??

That's impressive Adrian, however long did it take to drill those holes? I'm guessing that is 2" m/s plate with 3/4" rivets??

1 1/2" plate and yes, 3/4" rivets. It doesn't take too long to drill the holes, either on the radial drill or with the magbroach. My radial drill will drill up to 80mm dia so a 19mm is no problem!

I can't remember how many rivets we put in altogether but there were four different sizes, 3/4, 5/8, 1/2 and 3/8 and a large number of different lengths.

Here are some pictures of the removal of the side plate. We used one of the wheels in a frame bolted to the front to support the floor, and to enable the hull to be moved. The section to be replaced was gas cut out, and lowered down using straps on the forklift.

HPIM1973.jpg

HPIM1974.jpg

HPIM1976.jpg

HPIM1978.jpg

HPIM1980.jpg

HPIM1981.jpg

HPIM1982.jpg