Sherman Tank Gallery

Jack

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it was a Priest, but looks like it was converted into a Kangaroo. This was done to a number of them after Normandy when the Priests were generally withdrawn, but there was a need for armoured personnel carriers. If it is one i would say that it was probably a unique survivor.

Tim (too)

As already said M7B2. Any clues where the pictuers are taken? I believe it's an ex-German Priest thats been demilitarized. It has what I think is a German licenceplate and the mounting off the headlights on the differential housing. The holes in the hull could be from the German DeMil demands.

Some of those ex-range wrecks did come available recent.

Michel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course one of those Russian tanks is a Sherman , not sure which model exactly or of the T34/** . I m sure one of the others will fill in the details shortly. mmmm more importantly are you saying that the Soviets are planning an invasion of Switzerland or only a holiday vacation trip ? :??? :shocked: :rofl:

Of course one of those Russian tanks is a Sherman , not sure which model exactly or of the T34/** . I m sure one of the others will fill in the details shortly. mmmm more importantly are you saying that the Soviets are planning an invasion of Switzerland or only a holiday vacation trip ? :??? :shocked: :rofl:

everyone can come with a tank =P but he goes with nothing home =D ;)

006 - SHERMAN.jpg

006 - SHERMAN.jpg

Many years ago in the very late '60's, a couple of mates and I visited a small salvage yard in Fordingbridge, Hampshire.

There were a couple of '60's Pontiac ambulances there which we were interested in. No one came out so we had a look around.

At the back almost covered by the undergrowth there was, I believe, a Sherman, and close by a Bren gun carrier.

Is this a figment of my imagination, or does anyone know of these, or those as the case might be? The memory is'nt what it was!

Jeff

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...