Military Mayhem reports & photos

Yes but that was after the lights had gone out :cool2::shocked::shocked:

Noticed that, myself,.........:sweat:

Think you blew your chances of a prize, Cat,............I mean, You,....SMILING in the arena.........:cool2: :rofl:........................who shouted poly bags......

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Just got back from the MM show and would like to say a BIG thanks to everyone who came and supported it :tup::

I will do a write up later from our perspective but suffice to say I hope that the ones that missed it will turn up NEXT YEAR :-D

Many many thanks to you all

Bit worried about these prize winners,tell me if i am wrong but i dont recognise the camo on the ambulance,and is that an Austin Gypsy, not ex military.i have only seen one genuine x mil gypsy with glass lenses etc,they were not taken into service.Did you see any Richard.not a good start.:nono:Yes Tony i know you like them ,but yours wasnt x mil either.Dissapointed from London.

Catweazle let me answer this one for you, the voting for the show winners was not done by any of the team/organisers it was done by a gentleman of whom has a lot of knowledge of MV's and no knowledge of this forum or it's members, unfortunately due to the turnout of vehicles the ones judged to be the best happened to be some belonging to HMVF members, now take this as we on here have so many members that in future it will be impossible for one of us not to win a prize somewhere.

I hope that answers your suggestion.

Funny handshakes all round mate.:shocked: i hear it was just as bad at GDSF.I think the public should vote get them a bit more involved.What a good idea:idea: cant complain having won Duxford,you know the place,they really know there stuff there.

Please see previous post :-D

As previously mentioned by the Heliops chap.A move to the bank holiday weekend would be a good idea.It would be of benefit to all those that have been snubbed by the organisers of M.O.What done it for me,was the relaxed atomosphere,and none of that health and safety b****cks,that has ruined many a good show.i can see great potential here.:thumbsup:

As previously mentioned by the Heliops chap.A move to the bank holiday weekend would be a good idea.It would be of benefit to all those that have been snubbed by the organisers of M.O.What done it for me,was the relaxed atomosphere,and none of that health and safety b****cks,that has ruined many a good show.i can see great potential here.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much I will pass that on.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Catweazle let me answer this one for you, the voting for the show winners was not done by any of the team/organisers it was done by a gentleman of whom has a lot of knowledge of MV's and no knowledge of this forum or it's members, unfortunately due to the turnout of vehicles the ones judged to be the best happened to be some belonging to HMVF members, now take this as we on here have so many members that in future it will be impossible for one of us not to win a prize somewhere.

I hope that answers your suggestion.

Hi Mark,To be honest my remarks were meant to be fairly light hearted.i dont really feel to put out,do we need prizes. i was dissapointed for you that your local vehicle club chose not to attend,and being a nosey bugger wonder why they advertise with you then dont turn up.How about expanding the event to include all the services AFS .Fire brigade.etc.etc.or even a mini GDSF .i know a man who has just got into tractors who would love it,cant remember his name but grasshopper knows him.Well done again great wk end.CW.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Noticed that, myself,.........:sweat:

Think you blew your chances of a prize, Cat,............I mean, You,....SMILING in the arena.........:cool2: :rofl:........................who shouted poly bags......

Show me the proof.:-D

relaxed atomosphere,and none of that health and safety b****cks,that has ruined many a good show.i can see great potential here.:thumbsup:

Has to be the way forward for all shows - there are enough control freaks in life as it is.

Hi All

Just got back from the MM show and would like to say a BIG thanks to everyone who came and supported it :tup::

I will do a write up later from our perspective but suffice to say I hope that the ones that missed it will turn up NEXT YEAR :-D

Many many thanks to you all

:yay:Book me in for next year,........please, Mark. :-D:-D

:cool2: Ahem,......He of the long legs and non aWARD,.......:rofl:

Maybe I can be the sole entry in the newly-formed 'tractor' and 'rare breed goats' classes next year? Then I might stand a chance at winning a mis-spelled plank of my own, unless Heliops is planning to diversify in which case I may as well give up now :rolleyes: !

- Mike

Just re-reading posts here,..........I notice a sugestion of moving show to the bank holiday,..........personally, this would clash with an event I'm already involved with,.apart from a certain OTHER one already held locally,....well, ish in kent;....I've also heard the tails of displeasure, both from traders and punters/reenactors, BUT this show IS still live, and TBH is is really a good thing to pitch M.Mayhem against it. ??

As a conparison, look at Overlord and Troops and Trucks,.........and without getting into any sort of politics,.......to me two local high profile shows, held at the same time, within 50ish miles of each other,......:??? SILLY.

Certainly, I think moving it away from the hop/beer festival in town, seems to make sense,...........although I wonder how many of those attending said festival would came to Mil Mayhem instead,

I thoroughly enjoyed the show,.......one of the Great ones, for me, this year,..........hopfully, I'll be there next year,.........although quite possibly not, if over the bank holiday.

Andy

Agreed, the new dates have been posted and we do not clash with MO in fact we are a week before them, the Hop festival was not due to be on the same weekend as us they moved it but we still had about 2000 through the gate, also we are looking for more re-enactors this year without a doubt, so come on you boys we can did some trenches for you.

Dont think its been mentioned but the gate prices i thought were very reasonable and that goes a long waywhen families are concerned lets hope the lads can keep to these rates for next year some of the entrance fees at some shows i think at times are well out of order and i know a number of people with kids who have decided its not affordable any more so hopefully MM will change there minds next year