Stalwart HMLC Gallery

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

It was a fun packed day, we went down with this mk1 and another mk2, no worries with the mk1, but on the way the mk2 (now fitted with a Bedford engine) disintegrated its water pump about 5 mile from the lake.

so I shot off back to his workshop with him so he could pick up the spare pump, the mk1 continued to the lake.

New pump fitted, set off again, then another mile down road, the accelerator slave cylinder let go!!!!! He Should have converted it to cable! :nut: I think he will now!

So at least dave could test his in the water!

Ross, I also have not done too much to mine lately, been busy working on the house (have to keep the missus happy)

But over winter and the new year I will try to get her all ship shape! Boom,boom!

ready for the show season.

in May, we have a big show organised, and the plan is to swim them in the lake/river nearby! :-D

Should be fun!

Cheers

shaun

• 4 months later...
ive seen a picture in one of the books showing a stolly braking hard, and the back coming up! :-D

will look through my books see if i can find it.

I got a Mk2 to thump the road with the front towing hitch once, when a young girl ran out on me on Knowsley Village. People who witnessed it taught she was a goner until the Stolly stood in its front wheels.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have finally figured out a slide scanner I was given for Christmas 2012.

Here is the start of some scans of a Stalwart that is now looked after by the Nick and Paul up at the Cold War Collection in Ottawa and was owned by my work when these pictures were taken. At the time I was co driver of the Stolly at the event but did not at the time work for my current employer. I have more pictures of this machine and will post them eventually.

The event was held just outside Ottawa on the Rideau River at the Baxter Conservation area and we went in and out of the water for quite a while and swam very well. On the way home my daughter fell asleep in the cab against the window, no mean feat in a Stolly.

The vehicle had come to Canada from Budge.

R

stolly swim1.jpg

stolly swim 2.jpg

stolly swim 3.jpg

stolly swim 4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sad that...

Paul and I are looking forward to the resto of 91 ET 36 Mk 2 w/ crane as soon as the present task of the Saracen is clear, we will be doing the same treatment with the Stolly as her stable mate, so BBG circa 1971. And after what seems like years chasing a hydrualic leak, it was finally found in the steering system! For those contemplating how to find oil leaks in really tight places (like EVERYWHERE in a Stolly) Flouresent Dye helped us out, basically clear out the leaks, add oil and Dye, run, use black light and bingo!

(thankfully, we are attached to a Benz garage, and one of the young techs who uses this all the time, suggested it!)

cheers

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...