WW2 Munitions tunnels opened

Opened to the public for the first time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-39660296[/QUOT

I'm waiting for them to open the JAM BUTTY MINES in Knotty Ash in Liverpool

(A local joke referring to Ken Dodd and his Diddy men who worked in them!)

Jam butties mine! Apart from not admitting I know what the hell your talking about, PffT! We've got a Treacle Mine under a pub near here. :pfrt:

OOH, expanding the market! A friend and I at college did all the costings and planning for a Haggis Stud. Local bank manager was very impressed so were lecturer's, unfortunatley Organic Food wasn't de rigeur at time so couldn't get a loan. :cry:

Message from Moderator

To all those who have posted on this thread with rather childish remarks, should look at post no.1. You will find that Nick has removed his post on the old tunnels because of your off track remarks. He is feeling that it is not worth posting if this is the sort of response that comes back. Nick and others post subjects of interest and don't like it being spoilt with unnecessary banter.

I have been a moderator on here for a fair number of years now and never had to make a post like this before, but when a member threatens to leave the forum, it is time to nip this sort of thing in the bud.

Please respect members threads and respond to them as you would expect on a thread of yours.

That is all for now.

Richard - Moderator

Message from Moderator

To all those who have posted on this thread with rather childish remarks, should look at post no.1. You will find that Nick has removed his post on the old tunnels because of your off track remarks. He is feeling that it is not worth posting if this is the sort of response that comes back. Nick and others post subjects of interest and don't like it being spoilt with unnecessary banter.

I have been a moderator on here for a fair number of years now and never had to make a post like this before, but when a member threatens to leave the forum, it is time to nip this sort of thing in the bud.

Please respect members threads and respond to them as you would expect on a thread of yours.

That is all for now.

Richard - Moderator

Well said Richard. I like a good laugh but this has all been a load of b....cks.