Centurions from scrapyard

eddy8men

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick

Carl scrapped a rather scruffy Centurion ARV a while back, I don't think there is too much left. If you need Centurion Bazooka plates for either tank, I bought those from Carl and they are sitting at his place, I would trade them for a set of Chieftain ones if the opportunity arose

John

Rick, If you need the bazooka plates for one of your Centurion restorations you can collect them from Carl's if you go down and pay him a visit, no use shipping them to Canada, I had hoped they were similar enough to Chieftain...boy was I wrong!

Oddly not the first time either...

John

Getting a gun to fit the better one and exhibiting it as a test bed would be really interesting. I always think it's a shame that unusual vehicles, often of historic interest, get converted back to conventional ones.

If the ZR registered one, being early (and therefore perhaps historically interesting), turns out to be a reasonable proposition would it be practical to keep the nice one in test bed form and restore the ZR reg one as an early gun tank?

I'll second that, very interested to see this progress.

• 8 months later...

i had a couple of old MK4B meteors knocking about and have had them both rebuilt and tested, one will go in the non running cent when i get round to restoring it.

the clip shows the engine on the dyno and i assume the laptop screen is showing the torque figures (shame it's not horse power )

i had a couple of old MK4B meteors knocking about and have had them both rebuilt and tested, one will go in the non running cent when i get round to restoring it.

the clip shows the engine on the dyno and i assume the laptop screen is showing the torque figures (shame it's not horse power )

Nice. Do you know what units the display is using, e.g. Lb/ft or Nm?

• 2 months later...
Here, if you sit through it all, are some Centurions which may be these same ones.

That was a good find Robin.

Trials and Development on a shoestring, even then.

I was hoping to see the sabots in flight not just 'mysterious' explosions in the butts.

Back to my sand-coloured stuff now ......

Here, if you sit through it all, are some Centurions which may be these same ones.

I think the pic in Post#7 in Rick's thread is actually a still from the film - so it would be the same vehicle (later in the thread with the vehicles in Rick's yard there is "No.3" painted on the front mud guard and I think this is the vehicle in the film)

If Rick has 2 then there was probably at least 1 more to warrant the No.3 being marked on the vehicle - at Eskmeals or somewhere else..... Kirkcudbright or Shoeburyness?

I seem to remember the DU rounds were tested at Kirkcudbright as one or two of the locals got a little hot under the collar about it.....

• 2 weeks later...