R.e.m.e vehicle markings 1950's

Hello just wondered if there was a database anywhere for R.E.M.E.vehicle markings from the 1950's as my Explorer has very faint unreadable marking remaining on N/S/F wing and I'd like to see what it means if I could see an origional to compare it with ? :-D

Hi Andy,

The marking on the NSF wing would not be REME specific as it would be a Command, District or Divisional sign normally.

Post a photo or sketch of what you see, with colours.

regards, Richard

Looks to me like it may have been two layers of the same marking poss PKT?

Hi Andy,

Not much to go on there, the light blue square must only be a few inches.

What did you mean about PKT?

Have you got the blue/yellow/red of REME on the other wing? If so is there a white bar across the top with any lettering on it, or even numbers across the coloured part.

cheers Richard

The red letters look to me like PKT written twice on two separate paint layers !

Ah, just looked at it again and now I see what you mean. I thought that was red oxide primer where you had rubbed the green away. Have you got the service history for the Scammell, that might throw up some clues?

The only thing that springs to mind with PKT is the word 'packet' when referring to small groups within a convoy. But that is a real stab in the dark.

Thanks for your thoughts Richard , any ideas where I could find her records please ?

Hi Andy, if you have the army reg number 00BD01 for example, then you can hopefully get something from RLC Museum at Deepcut. I think there is a way now of checking the number online before sending an enquiry so that you know they have the records. As that sign is not far down in paint layers, it may have been one of the last units it served with.

http://staffweb.worc.ac.uk/photomodule/TACR-1/documents/VehRecordCard.pdf

Hi Andy, if you have the army reg number 00BD01 for example, then you can hopefully get something from RLC Museum at Deepcut. I think there is a way now of checking the number online before sending an enquiry so that you know they have the records. As that sign is not far down in paint layers, it may have been one of the last units it served with.

http://staffweb.worc.ac.uk/photomodule/TACR-1/documents/VehRecordCard.pdf

http://www.rlcarchive.org/Vehiclesrch