Morris C8GS

Rick W

Just a quick update on things are going on. Much of the work has taken place on the cab courtesy of my man-at-arms Stuart, he has been working like a trojan over the past few days. He has had his work cut out, as he has trying to make the cab panels using the old cab as a pattern which is pretty difficult as most of the edges have rotted away.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

We are nearly ready for a test fit on the chassis, then we will be able to tweak it a bit.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Due to being quiet at work (not good!) we trial fitted the body and set to work on reconstructing a back tub for it.

Morrisblog001.jpg

Morrisblog002.jpg

Morrisblog003.jpg

And yes, I do know its a Bedford GS tub, but they are basically the same dimensions, from what I know, just different ironwork, but it will do for now.

Morrisblog004.jpg

Morrisblog005.jpg

• 2 years later...

After having seen the finished product in this months CMV, I would just like to say it is good to see that its resto has been completed. However, after having read the article I was left feeling a bit peeved as "Steve" claimed all he had to start with was the engine and chassis. He seems to have forgotten the few hundred quid I spent on getting the engine covers made, the other few hundred on getting the front wings professionally made, not to mention the work that went into the cab, the re-wiring, the brakes overhauled etc. I could go on. Anyway, rant over...

:iamsmiling:

(Oh and the credit for one of MY photos!)

Yes, i thought the same, having seen how far you had got, but i think most of us on here could see what you had put into what was a real basket case.

It's nice to see it finally restored, especially as i was responsible for pulling it out of that orchard in Shropshire ( I think he has the history a little wrong).

Seems to be having a job selling it at the moment..................

Jules

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...