Battlegroup north

9th-10th-11th May 2104 BATTLEGROUP NORTH organised by members of the MVT in the Yorkshire area at North Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, York. Three day event with free camping for entrants, open to military vehicles of all ages, and re-enactor groups. All entries must be submitted beforehand on appropriate forms, that can be found on the web site www.battlegroupnorth.co.uk. Superb location at the Yorkshire Air Museum, with lots to see and do over the weekend, aircraft displays, trade stalls and NAAFI open all weekend with food and bar Friday and Saturday evening. For more info see web site. Contact Brian Slingsby brian@fourplus4.co.uk

Edited by Vulture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well got a tent and all the kit thanks to Adam son-in-law for lending me it for this weekends Battlegroup north looking forward to going so I took the armoured car out for a run just to make sure it was ok got back checked the oil and water and found no water the thermostat had sprung a leak started to repair it and then it started raining had to pack up will try to fix it tomorrow someone up there doe,s not like me rrrrrrrrrrr >:(>:(>:(>:(

I've just finished unloading, after arriving home about an hour ago. Still got the unpacking to do :-(

Considering the forecast, I think we got away with it fairly well. While there were heavy downpours and thunder, I think it was dry more than wet during the days.

Big thanks to all the YMVT guys who made the show happen.

Well done to all who attended.

I had a wander around on the Saturday and was most impressed with the standard of work that has been carried out.

Just wondering now how to get our 1941 Diesel Loco to take part in something in the future.

The easiest would be the NYMRs War time weekend.

The gun caught a number of people out with the noise.

Wondering if this was a good move or not in firing it.

As the local residents have managed to get restrictions placed on a number of Motor sports events.

The gun caught a number of people out with the noise.

Wondering if this was a good move or not in firing it.

As the local residents have managed to get restrictions placed on a number of Motor sports events.

I would have thought the same remarks applied to the plonkers with the sirens, if the enemy mortars didn't get you your own troops certainly would.

Went along on the Sunday and had a most enjoyable time. Wish the weather had been better, but it didn't spoil the day.

2014-05-11___S2aDSCF4426_Snapseed-Drama___Reduced_____25pdr.jpg

Managed a photo op with the 25pdr late on the Sunday for a combination you don't often see :)

2014-05-11___AL1_DSCF2596_Snapseed__Drama_____CCKW%u0025252B25pdr___reduced___Blog.jpg