Landrover 109" Series 3 FFR

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Something is rattling down by the bell housing area a s best I can tell - doesn't vary with road or engine speed, not is it affected by clutch operation so I guess something must be loose.

Plenty of stuff to rattle, would check the transfer, 4wd and handbrake levers first might be a loose link on one of them. Just hold each one in turn when driving and see if it makes any change.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved a step closer tonight with a couple more bits done. The front number plate bracket is now fitted to the front bumper and the canvas bonnet strip is fitted to the top of the front panel; just need the ends being tucked in between the panel and the wings.

12 pin socket arrived in the post the other day - NATO hitch is enroute via eBay and in a couple of weeks time the final welding is scheduled to be done. Blanchards have quoted £97 for a set of inertia reel belts C/W all bracketry and bolts as stripped from another Series 3 they are breaking.

So - things are progressing nicely!!!! :-) :-)

- NATO hitch is enroute via eBay

So - things are progressing nicely!!!! :-) :-)

Now what have I told you before about racing ahead and using ebay?? :whistle:

Looking at two nato hitches right here and probably for a darn sight less than you paid for them. :roll:

When oh when are you going to learn to ask first before hitting that bid button ;-)

I am inclined to agree with you there Chris especially when it comes to safety

While I can see both your points, every second-hand vehicle you'll ever buy will have used seat-belts in it ( if it has seat-belts of course). It's just like people who'll say they'll never buy used tyre's but I wounder how many people change their perfectly serviceable tyre's when they buy a new secondhand car?

:) Richard

Good points all - and thanks for making them every one. Think maybe I'll go for the new ones after all.

Unless you've got a set tucked away somewhere John?? :-) :-)

Incidentally - how much are you knocking the hitches out for as I could use a second one on the front bumper, if only to stop Fred playing bumper cars!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Spot the difference!! :-D :-D :-D

width=640 height=480http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/109%20FFR%20Landrover/12_March_2007_002.jpg[/img]

More - or less - legal now, rad grille and number plate in position - missing the proper sscrew that goes by the "R" of "Landrover" if any one has a spare???

Also need at least one of the sprung claws that hold the bonnet closed - again if any one has a spare for sale (you there John???? ;-) )

Welding by Stuart next weekend and then - apart from fitting seatbelts we are there....

He did indeed - and I now have a nicely patched front X-Member - many thanks mate! :-) :-)

Would have posted earlier - but was busy underneath (see further on)

width=640 height=480http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/109%20FFR%20Landrover/1_April_2007-004.jpg[/img]

Anyone notice anything funny about the fan belt??? And before any one says anything the new patches are now nicely coated in underseal!!!

Once Stu had finished it seemed a pity to waste the beastie being up in the air so I had the front wheels off one at a time and replaced the gaiters.

Ye gods - was that a PITA job or what??? :schocked: :schocked:

#2 went on a lot better than #1 but it took the rest of the day to do it.

width=640 height=480http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/109%20FFR%20Landrover/1_April_2007-001.jpg[/img]

Also tried getting the washers working - disconnected the water pipe from the pump and blew 60 psi through it from the compressor. The washer jet on the drivers side now works - sort of - the water flow is rather pathetic but nothing is coming through the passenger side still. :-(

Also managed to drain the batteries by leaving the ignition switched on :whistle:

Once this is sorted, seatbelts have been delivered and fitted and the dim lights on the drivers side sorted it's MOT time!! :-)