Anybody know who this joker (username removed) is on Ebay????

Scotch Harry

He is a trader(how on earth he makes any money Im not sure) who seems to be bidding on pretty much EVERY item of 68 Patt,DPM Windproofs,Para Smocks and most 1959 Patt Denisons.

The joke is he is winning a lot of these items at high prices and immediately lists them for sale on his site at inflated prices(he has just won a run of the mill 68 Patt smock for £23.88-what price will he list it for £40!!!!).

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

I have no problem whatsoever with anybody making a buck,we all have bills to pay and am as guilty as anybody else in te fact that if I see something cheap enough(CHEAP being the main point)I will buy it in the hope of later on selling on at a small profit or possibly using the item as a trade.

I used the term Joker to describe this seller as most people if they want to sell an item buy CHEAP in order to make a small(or hopefully) large profit whereas a lot of the things this chap is buying he is paying top dollar for and then expects to make a profit on it??

Also I have a slight problem with a lot of his Vietnam(quite a bit missdescribed as original or period when they are not)items-won one item off my that probably wasnt original or period which he later listed for sale as 100% original and recently bought from a market in Vietnam;););););)

Also I dont bid against him just that I have a lot of items that he bids on in my watch list and always makes me chuckle seeing his ID amongst the bidders:nut::nut::nut:

I wish him the very best of luck and if people out there are prepared to pay his prices or get sucked in with some of his descriptions then more fool them.

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

Also I dont bid against him just that I have a lot of items that he bids on in my watch list and always makes me chuckle seeing his ID amongst the bidders

I thought the bidders id was private? I can't see the id of bidders on items in my watch list, am I missing something?

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

I thought the bidders id was private? I can't see the id of bidders on items in my watch list, am I missing something?

They are..

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: hlpBubW][/TD]

[TD=class: hlpBubText]To keep eBay a safe place for buyers, member-specific information is not displayed. Each bidder is assigned an anonymous name that is used consistently throughout the sale of an item.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

They are..

But if you have them as saved sellers you will know their feedback score and this is not hidden by Ebay, that way you have a fair indication that is that person bidding.

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

Think real reason ebay hide bidders id is to stop you messaging each other and saying i want "x" amount for it or jumping in saying " ive a simlair one,you can have it for this mutch" costing ebay fees

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

If he is paying top dollar and still turning a profit on re-sale , then is this a very small specialized sector of the clothing market that he well understands more than others ?? including yourself ?? He could in fact have a total grip by controlling the eBay market in this way (that is not against eBay rules - unless he is detected shill bidding). Something you or anybody else is free to have a go at - speculate to accumulate as they say.

If his sales involve false description - then you or somebody else will soon provide proof / evidence to eBay Protection Dept. Always a tip-off would be better sooner or later.

He does have a very high number of sales / buys against his handle & with 100% (almost) it would seem sound feedback , a quick check just turned out one in the grey.

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed

surely Ebay is exactly the same as any other market internet based or not????

..if this fella knows what he can pay for it and still make a profit ???....

.......then he's only doing 'business' the same as say a car dealer down the road offering you 'X' for a car when he knows he can sell it 'X+'..it's business.simple as that .

...after all ...Tescos doesn't sell you a loaf of bread for the bare minimum of what it cost them....there has got to be a profit margin in it..... nothing illegal nor unethical about it . just 'business'.

..........and if he's getting people to pay the amount he wants ??? then fair play to him .

Edited by Marmite!!
eBay Username Removed