Reporting live from A&E 2012

There were 4 but one succumbed to mechanical trouble early on and was forced to retire with a not to pleased crew (me included) But i have to say that it was unfortunate that more tanks chose not to come and participate!

for us it was nearly a 600 mile there and back trip so it becomes expensive!

cheers

Alex

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were 4 but one succumbed to mechanical trouble early on and was forced to retire with a not to pleased crew (me included) But i have to say that it was unfortunate that more tanks chose not to come and participate!

for us it was nearly a 600 mile there and back trip so it becomes expensive!

cheers

Alex

That was a shame,was it the Hellcat that had problems ?

Im not sure about 11 tanks there were 16 + another possible shown on the official A&E website along with 6 Halftracks.

I counted 4 tanks and only 1 halftrack in the convoy. (Its a shame as the key was in the word ARMOUR)

Now, we had a great time anyway,but that does seem an awful lot of no shows,I'm sure Jack knows the reason...maybe a sign of the times moneywise or perhaps there were too many shows on that weekend and people deciced to attend a more local one.Still one of the best weekends I have had in the MV world.....thanks again to all.

Gary

Yeah bummer but life happens and this will always be the case I reckon.

We had plenty of armour, tanks, Dingo, Carrier, Dragon, Halftrack - I know Rick said he couldn't get his carrier done in time but not too sure what happen to the other dingo and halftracks. I know what happened to the rest of the tanks as the owners were polite enough to let me know and in a conversation I had with Mike Phelps on Friday morning he was really upset he couldn't get his Hellcat down because his field was under inches of water.

Ironically for this A&E it worked in my favour as we were tight on space.

You'll be very welcome to ride with us Jack. We've got the big one coming up in 2014. We're hoping to top our Guinness Book record of 144 bikes in 2009 with at least 200 WW2 Allied motorcycles.......I've already booked the camp-site. Come and visit my shed sometime. You might get some inspiration. Ron

That's a deal Ron!! Does that mean I will become a NOBS member :sweat:

I intend to be a DR at A&E 2014 as it would make my life easier as I can see exactly what's going on :-D

I intend to be a DR at A&E 2014 as it would make my life easier as I can see exactly what's going on :-D

So,we have heard it first.There is an A/E in 2014.Cheers Jack and roll on!

youll have to get a hair cut then Jack ,youll never get that lot in an original dr helmet,you are right about one thing though we undoubtedly get some of the best views when the tanks are driving straight at you on roundabouts etc

Nigel

Here's the plan:

The date would be in May so we are pre D-Day, this causes me some problems with clashing with other shows so I need to look at their dates.

Move to the Dorchester show ground - not be at Maiden Newton. The show grounds is around 500 yds from the town - good for pubs and supplies and good for the public. It is also a proper show ground.

Three days -

Friday - a massive Educational Day on the Friday in town as the one we did on Friday was a massive success.

Saturday would be OUR day - nice run out from the site - may be to Weymouth for lunch (if Weymouth allows us) then to Dorchester to park up like we did this year.

Sunday - showground open to the public.

All fag packet plans at the moment but a rough outline.

All of the above would take the pressure off all of us as we can then have a massive BBQ on the Saturday and may be even a bash in the Corn Exchange here where the Yanks used to dance during the war.

This gives me two years to nail everything and all the small details that I missed this year. Two years for some folks to finish their tank restorations and two years for others to put money to one side.

Edited by Jack

Count me in and hopefully there'll be room for my Jeep now that I've served my A&E apprenticeship/initiation - I promise I'll do some (more) washing up and spud bashing as well.

I'd like to help out with the Education Day as well as it was really good this time and, with more time to plan it, could be even bigger and better (I might even get on telly again).

See you there.

Ian

Count me in and hopefully there'll be room for my Jeep now that I've served my A&E apprenticeship/initiation - I promise I'll do some (more) washing up and spud bashing as well.

That Ian is the right attitude.

I'd like to help out with the Education Day as well as it was really good this time and, with more time to plan it, could be even bigger and better (I might even get on telly again).

See you there.

Ian

ian you are more than welcome as you was 1 of the few who helped out this time and would be glad to have you back on board

ian you are more than welcome as you was 1 of the few who helped out this time and would be glad to have you back on board

Dave don't big Ian up to much - his head is already getting bigger - he was on the TV!!!

Well done to everyone involved, and thanks to all for the pics and films. 2014? The MW will be done by then, can I come?, can I?, please, can I? I am competent in the operation of a spud peeler, can I?, go on, please.:-D