Hi all, We are Paul and Jenny from sussex and we have just bought our first Scammell Explorer and the adventure or nightmare has begun. So begins the restoration. We are on a huge learning curve but fortunately have so many friends with experience and hope to gain new friends to help along the way.;)

:thumbsup:.... what engine has yours got?........:whistle:

Welcome Mr. Rollseagle, do Cummins to the clubhouse. It's a much Petter place now that the Dorman doesn't so Crossley tell you to wipe your shoes on the mat as you enter, but will instead politely DAF his cap at you. The view from the bar terrace is so much better since the Gardner made such an AEC job of cutting back the Leyland hedge.

:rofl::rofl:Tony , it would seem the drugs are begining to have little effect on your Scammellitis ! Can i suggest you take a long rest sitting in either of your Scammells and make engine noises until you feel better mate ! Well it works for me and my seats not even in my Scammell :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::D

Hi Paul & Jenny, welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear about your con rod taking the side exit, not the best start to MV ownership. Best way to look at it is, things can only get better from here. Best wishes with the project, you'll get plenty of advice and help from the Scammell guys on here

Hi Paul & Jenny, welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear about your con rod taking the side exit, not the best start to MV ownership. Best way to look at it is, things can only get better from here. Best wishes with the project, you'll get plenty of advice and help from the Scammell guys on here

were looking at it as an opportunity to learn more about the engine, bloody expensive opportunity though:laugh:

Sorry to hear about your engine. I have a spare 220 which is a non runner if it's any good for spares, e.g. block and conrods; or one which I believe should be a runner if you'd put up with less hp. Otherwise Withams sales by Tender quite often have recon ones for sale, although I've not tracked how much they go for recently, and they often are front sumped units, which isn't a drama if you already have a usable rear sump.

Jules

Yes they were, you had the right idea with the low loader though, the rolls went bang on the way home:embarrassed:
Sorry to hear that, I had a look at it but well beyond my budget, I've never seen such a smokey engine!! The folks on here will see you right with help and encouragement! All the best..