Availability of Ferret internals?

Rick W

REgarding the clansman. It depends if you want a couple of dumb radios sitting there for effect or do you actually want to install them as per in service. If so then there are quite a few mounts to find and many additional control boxes and cables etc. They can add up but you should be able to get almost everything and then some for 900-1000. I've spent about a thousand on clansman gear and I must admit, I have got a little over the top :-)

Clansman has the advantage over Larkspur in that you don't need a radio to have an intercom and a basic intercom can be bought for under £100. Larkspur radios can be expensive and parts for the radios r harder to come by.

I used to have a larkspur harness in my ferret. I couldn't afford a radio for it, and needed the room. I'm sure I managed to get an I box, which allowed me to use the Larkspur harness and the headsets. I can't remember much about it though. The larkspur headsets are not as good quality and they are much harder to hear than the more modern Clansman units. They would be more in keeping with a 1950s vehicle though.

I used to have a larkspur harness in my ferret. I couldn't afford a radio for it, and needed the room. I'm sure I managed to get an I box, which allowed me to use the Larkspur harness and the headsets. I can't remember much about it though. The larkspur headsets are not as good quality and they are much harder to hear than the more modern Clansman units. They would be more in keeping with a 1950s vehicle though.

It wouldn't be the O box would it? That kind of rings a bell somewhere