BEDFORD S type bus

HWade

Just thought some of you Bedford lovers might like to see a few pics of a bus I have been working on, its been converted into a mobile home, complete with a mollycroft roof Its now just about done just waiting on a few minor parts and some stencils.

Howard.

bus 003.jpg

bus 005.jpg

008.jpg

• Like 3

Just thought some of you Bedford lovers might like to see a few pics of a bus I have been working on, its been converted into a mobile home, complete with a mollycroft roof Its now just about done just waiting on a few minor parts and some stencils.

Howard.

Hi Howard,

That is an interesting vehicle I wonder what its original role was. It is actually a Bedford R, not an S type as they were 4x2. With the diesel badge on the front and looking to be a late 50's/early 60's build, it would probably be powered by the Bedford 300ci diesel.

Hi Howard,

That is an interesting vehicle I wonder what its original role was. It is actually a Bedford R, not an S type as they were 4x2. With the diesel badge on the front and looking to be a late 50's/early 60's build, it would probably be powered by the Bedford 300ci diesel.

Canteen wagon for the AFS?? Personnel Carrier for AFS?

Hi Howard,

First reg Feb '59 and 4927cc so yes, a 300ci.

Wow, what a great bus. Have you got any pictures of the inside we can look at? Looks like you have done a cracking restoration there! Have you re registered it as a motor caravan?

When I was in Cyprus with the UN there were dozens of the old Bedford Busses that were used daily. They certainly proved to be a very reliable vehicle.

• 8 years later...