War and Peace

paul connor

Question

Ok, how much room to you get?

Or is it kinda get there and be fast...

Im getting worried that as i shall only be there on the thursday that i shall not get a good pitch...

i dont wanna be pushed in the rear fields and forgotten...

Can anyone save us some space? for a humber pig APC...

a trailer and a 6*3M Marquee

We shall put a few beers your way...

anyone?

20 answers to this question

It is on a first come first served scheme .

The problem has been and will be you get some people who have

say a Jeep , one tent then rope off a area that you could fit in 6 GMC`s 5 Jeeps .

So that that means late comers end up in a small area. Don't get me started on groups .

I fully under stand we all like some room to camp in but some people take the

************* . I remember one year i went to sleep in my tent , when i got up in the morning some one put a tent so close i could not walk wetween them .

If that was not bad enough later i found out this ********* had a bad problem

with wind in the morning ,i can laugh about it now but at the time it was not fun at all . So i can see it from each side .

We thought that the "powers that be" had gotten a bit better a grip on things last year, several times I observed people being told to wind their necks (and ropes) in, actually got asked to move my genny at one point. In previous years we had a few problems, once with a large group of Dutch/Germans who built up right round us!

She Who Must Be Obeyed sorted that one and I have to admit I'd probably have needed a few "stiffeners" before approaching them... Salty looking characters :wink:

Her nibs is somewhat ferocious though, especially if anything interferes with sleep or her ability to drive...

i have to admit to roping a large area off on the saturday but then we do park the vehicles at least 4 metres apart & the same with the tents, i don't feel comfy having another tent so close to mine the guy ropes cross over.

what we then do is park everyone up & move the rope in accordingly from around wednesday. this has normally worked really well over the past few years as it does give late comers a decent space to park up. last year we were surrounded by open space & people took it all because it would have been empty otherwise.

we always go straight to the far Americas field as it is less crowded & a lot less dusty .

ta

Berni

I agree with all of the above but you have to see it from the organisers view and Health and Safety, there has to be a certain distance between campers in the case of a fire etc. last year they took plans of where everyone was camped (America's field) so that they would be able to do the same size pitches this year, but whether this will be done remains to be seen.

Beltring 2001, rain!!!

We were in a little tent and a Jeep getting claustrofobic. :nut:

Next day woke up from a mobile phone which kept on rining- aaaarrrrrggghh :argh:

Turned out to be a alarmclock on a laptop.

A few guys arrived in a Champ in the Rain (Sirhc).

When we got out the tent we were surrounded by vehicles and tents. :|

We got to meet the guy from the alarm and his mates and been friends ever since :flower:

We were glad we were alone and not with a large group of Dutchmen, that we you go and find someone to talk too. :banana:

Also, we talk Dutch all the time. Nice to meet Brits and show of our English. :cofee:

Morale of the story :? Hell, :evil: I don't know, bring your own meaning...

Hope to meet a lot of you so keep a Icecold Cola for me in the fridge... :hug:

:shocking:

AAAAArrrrrggggghhhh.

After getting comments from a Scot it was too long I bought another in the correct size... :blush:

I'll wear it at Beltring for a day or so. :banana:

The other guy with the camo is our English friend James.

People taking a vehicle SHOULD NOT be chharged money !!!!!! It is just not on. So, as you will no doubt say "dont go then" . Well I do not. If only no one else would then the charges would be dropped to 0, like they used to be.

Our club shows are run without such charges. I just think someone is using our vehicles, to display to the public, is getting rich !!!

There, had to get it off my chest

People taking a vehicle SHOULD NOT be chharged money !!!!!! It is just not on. So, as you will no doubt say "dont go then" . Well I do not. If only no one else would then the charges would be dropped to 0, like they used to be.

Our club shows are run without such charges. I just think someone is using our vehicles, to display to the public, is getting rich !!!

There, had to get it off my chest

I agree, we are making the show along with the organisation.

A SMALL fee for services like water, loos and cleaning OK.

For us going to Beltring is our holiday so we'll go anyway.

At least the Ferry was very cheap this time.