Tank Fest Entry Requirements

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I think that the rules and regs as laid down by the tank museum are their's and their's alone, )

I really have no more to say except that i cant agree with that statement

because by accepting our money they are a public enterty and we are entitled to complain if we think its not spent in our best interest.If it was wholy supported by a private individual he /she would be entitled to act like i feel bovy think they can.If i owned it i certanley wouldnt let you in unless you were wearing a pink suit and wellington boots.:rofl:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'calm down dears - its just a thread.......'

Degsy - I think when you mean Wayne said about no repro kit, I think he was meaning civvy stuff on show, tents and modern day kit etc etc???

'calm down dears - its just a thread.......'

Degsy - I think when you mean Wayne said about no repro kit, I think he was meaning civvy stuff on show, tents and modern day kit etc etc???

In that case then thats what he should have said, but that doesn't alter the facts on what the tank crews were wearing.:nono:

Incidentally a series of PM's have passed between Fruitbat and myself and things are perfectly amicable between us.:-D

As the Tank Museum has a contract with the WW2 LHA, doesn't that include some remuneration :confused:

The museum paysus to pay for the section 5 weapons, ammo and pyrotechics, and effect materials.

the rest of the budget goes on the movement of our armour, trucks and display materials and insurance.

In the last 4 years the LHA has come away from Bovington with a lose of around £100 to £400 each year.

WE do it because our members want to be there, and want to put on a bloody good show. Which we do

The museum paysus to pay for the section 5 weapons, ammo and pyrotechics, and effect materials.

the rest of the budget goes on the movement of our armour, trucks and display materials and insurance.

In the last 4 years the LHA has come away from Bovington with a lose of around £100 to £400 each year.

WE do it because our members want to be there, and want to put on a bloody good show. Which we do

I think I'm missing a point here.

If you, as the originator of this thread, said this:

Can I clear a few things up. In the past the MVT and others have been made welcome to Tankfest. However now due to the limited display area, the organisers including me, have had to make some adjustments to the sorts of things coming to be displayed.

The museum has taken the step to provide all it's tank crew with the correct coloured uniforms for the tanks they are driving, all the living history displays are void of any modern kit or camping equipment during the day. The tanks where poss are put into living history displays to help bring them to life and to give a better idea of what it was really like.

In future we/I would like to have MVT involvment in Tankfest, but only if the following can be adhered too.

Does this mean the LHA are now a component part of the Tank Museum??

If so - why just the WW2 LHA and not others like Force 80 or any other living history group inc. those portraying WW1 etc.

If not - then on what basis was this list of "requirements" issued?

Not personal slight intended anywhere, just trying to get my head around the arrangements here......

Its all funny, you know. I came on here to explain and to give reason to why things are the way they are.

Tried to bring all parties closer together and bring a little understanding to our hobbies.

However with the odd exception, all I have seen is obstructive dividing attiudes, which frankly went out years ago.

The public are the ones that will be listened too, they know the difference between quailty and old fossils, those that are prepared to brake from the chains of the old world will be welcomed with open arms, those that don't, will have to play else where. There are plenty of MV owners who have gone out and brought the right uniforms to wear in their MVs, and well done to them.

This is my last word on this matter, enjoy which ever route you take in life.

Its all funny, you know. I came on here to explain and to give reason to why things are the way they are.

Tried to bring all parties closer together and bring a little understanding to our hobbies.

Well you could have fooled me, your attitude put peoples backs up and why is it that only your views are correct and that anybody who disagrees is an old fossil.

Whilst I fully agree that the world is changing and even old buggers like me must change with it people need to be treated with respect and not dictated to in such a high handed manner. I have correct uniforms to suit all occasions but after seeing your attitude the last place I would consider attending would be Bovington. As regards the general public,quite frankly very few of them know their backside from their elbow and whilst on the surface they enjoy a good battle reenactment if you were to mingle with them wearing 'civis' you will hear a lot of comments on the lines of 'playing soldiers' and 'if they want to do that why don't they join the Army and fight for real'.

I certainly will enjoy my choice of events but rest assured until you learn a little respect and consideration for others it will definitely not include any events which you have anything to do with.

Edited by Marmite!!
quote tags

By saying come along but you MUST dress up as a reenactor...

Well I have been forwarded an email from the TM & the dress policy is not as strict as you have made it out to be, see below.

As for vehicles on site or in our arena – we are keen that crews do not wear inappropriate clothing as many photographers attend the event and are understandably vociferous when white T-Shirts distract the eye from a tremendous restoration – but I have to admit this is hard to enforce as a policy and I wouldn’t take this too far as we realise that most vehicle owners – our own staff and volunteers are well beyond the age and size of those that originally manned the kit.

David Willey

Curator

As a show organiser myself, we find it's very easy to have a mix of LH & MV's (with & without uniforms) & keep a happy balance, every exihibitor is just as important to us, it doesn't matter if you have a push bike, Sherman or you're a full blown LH Group, everyone is treated as equal. Next year will be our 5th & the public are still coming in their 1,000's

Edited by Marmite!!

Well thats blown Wayne out of the water, he's well overstepped his authority. Thanks for posting that Lee. Perhaps we should have spoken direct to Bovi before wasting time on this <> but I think emotions were running a little high and he was taken too much at face value.

Mod edit by Joris: Can we keep it civilized?

The start of all this was a very badly worded post by someone who needs a little more of a political bent. If he had worded it like this then we would probably only have had a couple of replies....

Thanks to all those that turned up at TF over the weekend, yet another great show, attendance figures were up yet again! Next year we are planning a couple of alterations to the entry requirements to tweak the look of the show. All armoured vehicles are welcome as usual but we ask owners of softskins to follow the normal enterance route to the show although we will be splitting the carpark up into military and none as many evenets already do.

Those who will be entering the 'show' for real are asked to bring a set of appropriatly coloured coveralls to better 'set the scene' for the armour, or if you can, a period look would be nice!

See you next year guys.

Now.... a post like that would have pushed towards what they want without pis**ng everyone off. Nevermind.