kids and mv's

mick garner

Interested or Not?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Interested or Not?

• Interested in MV's
    • Not interested at all

Hi all,

For those of you that have children, are your kids interested in MV's or are they the sort that just let you go off and do your own thing? I have two boys and the youngest who is 9 is not interested at all yet my 12 year old is more interested in MV's than I am! When we go up the farm were the ferret is stored I have to keep a close eye on him because before you know it the ferret is rumbling round the yard!

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

mick.

To right Mick.

The whole bloomin lot are interested in it all :shock:

This seems to amaze most of my friends and family that this is the case but it seems pretty natural to me. My girls adore it all the my son is a bad as me... and then there is my goodlady :shock:

The GMC has already been designated to Jesse when I am to old :twisted: and my wife would like a WC 8) it was them that insisted that we went out for a run yesterday.....I was more than happy to just stare at it :oops:

kids love it,

I usually have other peoples children with me as well as my own 2. We do make then stay at home for Beltring as that is our time but they winge & moan about it like crazy.

trouble is they are older now & the oldest will be driving herself down to Beltring in the car this year, mind you when they go off to college & uni we can go back to having a grown ups time away.

ta

Berni

My 7 year old daughter is definately up for it, so much so two years ago she mastered the art of releasing the hand brake whilst it was parked on the slope out side our garage, luckily i was underneath it at the time to stop it rolling away :lol: :lol: :oops:

Ashley

My 7 year old daughter is definately up for it, so much so two years ago she mastered the art of releasing the hand brake whilst it was parked on the slope out side our garage, luckily i was underneath it at the time to stop it rolling away :lol: :lol: :oops:

Ashley

LOL :D:D:D

Well at least we know who can carry on the hobby when we are all too old then! mc spool, i agree with you! The wife stays well out of it, and when I suggested getting a landy to go with the ferret to shows i said she could drive it, what was the answer? NOOOOO!! oh ok then. She doesn't know what she's missing out on!

Mick.

p.s thanks for all the replies!

Well at least we know who can carry on the hobby when we are all too old then! mc spool, i agree with you! The wife stays well out of it, and when I suggested getting a landy to go with the ferret to shows i said she could drive it, what was the answer? NOOOOO!! oh ok then. She doesn't know what she's missing out on!

Mick.

if the wife does get involed you can go to a lot more shows with no hassle! :wink:

Mick.

Fear not - I get the same reply from mine!!!! Even made the same sort of offer but......

Although this might be due to the fact it can take a CONSIDERABLE amount of time for her to climb into a Stalwart!!! :D:D:D

i can see a trend here with girlfriends & wives not being interested and have just worked out why.

i reckon you have all said how boring the shows are sat around in a field talking about starter motors & tyre patterns. When in reality it is a whole weekend with wall to wall men in uniform, a plentiful supply of alcohol, a live band on an evening,dancing till the early hours, a lie in in the morning & then back to wall to wall men in uniform :wink: :wink: :lol:

ta

Berni

With the NE MVT and WW2 Re-Enactors NE, up here, most of the wives and girlfriends come along to the MV events as they are great social occasions. Many of our events have evening 40's dances, and we also have DJ Jimmy who runs a 1940's disco out of the back of his Dodge, so during the day, many of the guys and girls do demonstration 40's dances. There aren't many kids in out group, but wives and girlfriends are for it 100%.

As soon as the girls realise that it isn't all just talking spark plugs and oil grades, they come along and have a great time.

Steve

Yes, both boys are, but the girls (incl. my wife) are not. Typical?!?! :D

Took the boys to a local classic car show, there were two Diamond T's driven by guys I know. My two boys (5 and 3 years old) had a ride up front in the cab and in the back. The loved it. The oldest one even said he loved the smell of these army trucks. Apples never fall far from the tree, do they... :wink:

Hanno

P.S.: the girls stayed home

Hi all,

must say that my wife has never understood the mind of collecting / military vehicle ownership (after being a military [german] enthusiast for 30+years and a vehicle owner for approx five years (shame it aint german :cry: ) but she has come to a few shows to get a" feel" of things, but does`nt understand the amount of maint. required for the old jeep, daughter (7 yrs old ) loves it and is always inviting friends round for a drive in it, usually when its raining or about -5 :lol: :lol: ,i origonally brought her :arrow: ( the jeep :lol: ) to take my interest to the open air after german militaria (helmets etc) became to expensive to expose to the British elements, they remain indoors now.

Ashley

Yes, both boys are, but the girls (incl. my wife) are not. Typical?!?! :D

Took the boys to a local classic car show, there were two Diamond T's driven by guys I know. My two boys (5 and 3 years old) had a ride up front in the cab and in the back. The loved it. The oldest one even said he loved the smell of these army trucks. Apples never fall far from the tree, do they... :wink:

Here's a pic of the Dizzy T in question (but taken by someone else at another event) - mighty impressive, even for dad!

db_Diamond_T_968A__011.jpg

http://www.armymotorcars.com/html/diamond_t_0.html