Bunker Bash 2010

Marmite!!

Flat batteries on Sunday included - another excellent show put on by Lee, Ian and the Bunker Bash team.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself over the two days - Sat was the best of the weather - and now look forwards to the end of year one in Sept.

I'd like to say a big" thank you" to all those who lent a hand on the Sunday getting the OT started after the battery embarrassment :blush:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got back from show at 10pm (why does it allways rain when packing up?)

Only niggle was being woken up at 0300 by loud music that didnt stop till 0500 approx sat morning (and we were near where the ACF were camped!!!).

Was some nice vehicles there, met a few forum members, piccys to follow

All the best

Mark

Edited by chevpol

Thanks to everyone who supported the show... sorry I was a bit unsociable over the weekend & didn't get a chance to chat with many of you, I had been in a lot of pain (chest pains) for the last 5 days, against better advice I struggled on to see the show through but that ended in an ambulance trip to hospital last night & over night stay, won't go into details but been ordered to take a complete rest for next two weeks...

Off to bed now... report to follow...

Thanks to everyone who supported the show... sorry I was a bit unsociable over the weekend & didn't get a chance to chat with many of you, I had been in a lot of pain (chest pains) for the last 5 days, against better advice I struggled on to see the show through but that ended in an ambulance trip to hospital last night & over night stay, won't go into details but been ordered to take a complete rest for next two weeks...

Off to bed now... report to follow...

'sallrite Lee, we didn't like you in the first place.:-D

Hope you're feeling better now!

The Dugout Crew

got back from show at 10pm (why does it allways rain when packing up?)

Only niggle was being woken up at 0300 by loud music that didnt stop till 0500 approx sat morning (and we were near where the ACF were camped!!!).

Was some nice vehicles there, met a few forum members, piccys to follow

All the best

Mark

Oh well could not have been NLBA making the noise until 5am for a change as I was the last one of the NLBA to go to bed and that was 3am and I took the music system with me. Must have been some other group enjoying them selves?

Oh well could not have been NLBA making the noise until 5am for a change as I was the last one of the NLBA to go to bed and that was 3am and I took the music system with me. Must have been some other group enjoying them selves?

Can confirm that & great turn out by the NLBA, thanks Minty...

was a great weekend and looking forward to next year already:-D

stone sorry didnt get to meet you but you got a photo of the truck with the rmp flag above

if you came in saturday morning probably met you at the bottom of the hill before you booked in:cool2:thanks to matt for entertainment saturday night

wow what a weekend. massive thanks to ian and lee and all the team for a fab weekend. had alot of fun doing our displays, and im sorry for anyone who had to listen to my heavy breathing after running around i was told my microphone had stopped working :blush: i think i need to work on my fitness!

thank you to matt for cooking for us all. it was lush!but i do think washing up should be included in the price!:cool2:

was very busy during the day so it was really nice to sit round the fire sat night and catch up with alot of people. evil minded lee had the last laugh after getting the police involved after andys aggressive driving attempts, i havent seen anyone look that scared in a while!:cool2::D (get well soon lee!)

looking forward to the end of year weekend now and also seing alot of you again at w&p if my car lives that long!:-(

once again a massive thank you to everyone who made the weekend fab and now in good spirits for the rest of the rally season!!

Finally sussed why the OT wouldn't start on Sunday! That well known remover of battery electrons commonly known as Fearless Leader (AKA Jack) was wandering about near by...... :D:D:D

I suspect the problem is closer to home..............I reckon it's a vampire bus where you store the OT been sucking the life out when you're not around .

Yes have to agree with everyone else - great weekend all round and well done Lee and Ian. I could see that Lee was in a lot of pain over the weekend but pushed through as always - hope you are feeling better mate.

Ian was also in a lot of pain on Sunday :whistle:

The reenactors really do love this show the quality of there displays throughout the woodland was stunning. I sat in and watch a WWII weapons lecture on Sunday and learnt stacks. The bunker complex still scares the hell out of me - a freaky place. But having breakfast in the canteen with Chrisg and Heliops sort of leveled the playing field...seeing those two that early in the morning was even more scary.......... :coffee:

Great to meet up with old chums, CVRT Nick, Vince, Snowtrac ' I have Jimmel Fix it's Chair' Dave, Phil, Martin, Neil, Chef Ives and Debs and Harry 'don't leave me this way Lee'. Great to see Marks Ward make it there and interesting to watch the Ward working to recover Neils OT 90. Mark wouldn't allow me to sleep in the love trailer Friday night :(

Was also very pleased with the feedback and sales of The Pathfinder Magazine!

And thanks to Mark for the tea and a big thank you to Chris 'Cheese Straws' G for the bottle of whisky! Thanks Chris it was very kind and very much appreciated and you will be pleased to know that I didn't get stuck on the M25 for two hours on the way home!

And finally - Chevpol - my van hadn't moved all weekend........you should of gone to SpecSavers!!!!! And congratulations!

Edited by Marmite!!

Jack, I must apologise I did not realise that was you in the bunker on Sunday morning until I see the back of your leather jacket. I was to busy chomping on a full breakfast. :blush:

:D

Will have to catch you at another event some time.

It was good to meet up with some of the forum members, thank you for making us feel welcome.

Ollie

Jack, I must apologise I did not realise that was you in the bunker on Sunday morning until I see the back of your leather jacket. I was to busy chomping on a full breakfast. :blush:

It was good to meet up with some of the forum members, thank you for making us feel welcome.

Ollie

Don't worry about it Ollie.

You aren't the first person to ignore him and I can assure you - you won't be the last.

Ollie

Hey no worries - I was trying to keep a low profile - I was hanging with Nick, Vince, Chris and Mark :coffee: