Made me smile

No Signals

Coming down the M1 yesterday I caught up with and overtook a pickup, one of the big Japanese type things. Painted boldly across the back was the company name 'A - Z Maps', or something to that effect. As I passed him what did I see on his dashboard - yeh, a satnav! So much confidence in their own products :-D

It said in the paper today:

Sat-navs could soon begin to fail because the network of satellites they rely on is not being maintained. Drivers could face service interuptions next year amid delays and overspending by the US Air Force, officials warned.

You can't go wrong with a map... until the road signs don't show the right road numbers that is...

It said in the paper today:

Sat-navs could soon begin to fail because the network of satellites they rely on is not being maintained. Drivers could face service interuptions next year amid delays and overspending by the US Air Force, officials warned.

You can't go wrong with a map... until the road signs don't show the right road numbers that is...

Your ging into Dodgy ground here!

The most DANGEROUS thing on the Planet is an Officer with a map!!! :help:

In my far off days at HMS Ganges, it snowed. We got the job of sweeping the 'Quaterdeck' outside the headquarters building. The CPO Eggy Bowen was in charge, a new young Subby came up with the bright idea that fire hoses would wash the snow away. Eggy tried to point out the faults of this plan, like the below freezin tempratures, but Subby insisted. At this point Eggy saluted and said 'Yes Sir!'. He then gathered us little Nozzers round and said 'Right lads! You all know unless an order is illegal you do it first, then complain'.

'I will now teach you the other rule, the subtlest form of insubordination is take a stupid order and do it. So we will now wash the snow off the Quarterdeck.'

We all set to with a will. Some time later the Quaterdeck clear of snow, the Captain walked out and went flat on his brass hat. Eggy was immediatly summoned and questoned closley. The legend went that the Captain's interview with the Subby was heard in Ipswich!

About eight weeks later while watching an inter mes football match on a Saturday afternoon, Eggy collapsed and died, a good man gone. But I learnt a very important lesson. :cool2:

Edited by Tony B

Coming down the M1 yesterday I caught up with and overtook a pickup, one of the big Japanese type things. Painted boldly across the back was the company name 'A - Z Maps', or something to that effect. As I passed him what did I see on his dashboard - yeh, a satnav! So much confidence in their own products :-D

A to Z maps are based in Kent, they are embracing technology via satnav, or is this a dead end street :-D.

Steady now, there are two types of Officers -the sensible Late Entry Officer who has gone through the ranks and the Direct Entry one who left school or uni and straight to RMA Sandhurst to remove any ounce of common sense that they might have had before being set amongst the sweaty hordes as a leader of men.... groan

gary

Steady now, there are two types of Officers -the sensible Late Entry Officer who has gone through the ranks and the Direct Entry one who left school or uni and straight to RMA Sandhurst to remove any ounce of common sense that they might have had before being set amongst the sweaty hordes as a leader of men.... groan

gary

I suspect you are suggesting that our top rank Public Schools do not produce the kind of chap who is competent with a map, compass, radio and whose bright ideas are somewhat lacking? Rank insubordination I say. Take him out and shoot him.

(Assuming Rupert can find the weapon, the ammunition, the right hole to put it in, the right hole to send it out through etc etc etc)

sorry gary but ruperts straight out of sandhurst are all ******

gents who have risen throught the ranks are diffrent as they have earnt the respect of men first then gone up

tothen become semi ruperts but they have never lost contact with the men under their command

what do you call a rupert out of sandhurst with a map compass and radio

(out of their depth)

rant over

ex cpl rmp